“Ok could be better could be worse”

Bridge Vista Beach Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #14 of 39 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Oak Lawn, Illinois
“Ok could be better could be worse”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Not bad for the money but could be cleaner. There were a few things that bothered us about this hotel. Number one safety! Doors opened all hours of the day so anyone can just walk in and up to the room areas. The pool area is nice but small and over chlorinated! The lifeguard If you can find him/her is on the cell phone not even watching at all! The little beach outside is nice to sit out. The free breakfast is good but needs to be changed up a little. Great location! The gnats or flies are terrible here in June! There were many fly carcasses lying around the hotel this could have been managed better.

2 Thank KNBL1234

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

This hotel management reeks of fraud and deception! I made a reservation for the 4th of July weekend over a month in advance. They called me last week and said there's been a glitch in their booking systems and that prices are now twice as much. Obviously, it will be higher 2 weeks from the date of stay - especially for the 4th of July weekend. They offered to move me to a cheapskate motel for the same price which I could have scored for cheaper by myself! This ploy of theirs is out there on tripadvisor now that I looked for it. They move folks around and cancel bookings so they can let these same rooms on reservations at a higher charge. Rude, indifferent, the list goes on... the 'Manager' that called me (Ms. Mahilia?) said I can either take their alternative accommodation or cancel my reservation. When I argued, she offered to call me back which she never did. My 2 follow-up calls were a waste of time! The front desk was useless - put me on mute and smirked when they got back to my call after a 10-min hold on each call. Hotels.com, through whom I made the reservation called them thrice and the agent was also left hanging all 3 times. He offered to cancel and rebook since he figured they are a waste of his time as well!

Stay elsewhere and enjoy your vacations!!

7 Thank Ram K

Travellers are raving about these Mackinaw City hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

The pool seemed to need some updating and their snack station was being used as storage closet. Staff were rude and the "lifeguards" were ridiculous. It may be a good idea to ask them to refrain from playing on their phones while on duty.

5 Thank wiklucker
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two nights first time visiting Mackinac Island(great time wear gym shoes & bring a bike)... Bridge Vista Great view and location.. Room was really clean... Only issue toilet KEPT stopping up (EVERY NIGHT) and front desk was extra extra RUDE!!! I called front desk to resolve the matter and the young man hung up in my face I had to call back and ask did you hang up on me he then said "it was a accident" service man plunged the toilet and left nasty plunging toilet water on the bathroom floor :( will not stay again

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Charm G
Pickford, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I was tempted to not stay at this hotel based on others reviews..I am beyond glad that we did! The view was amazing!! We had a 2 Queen (with a cot) lakefront room on the first floor with a balcony. The breakfast has something for everyone. Is it exactly the same as going out to eat at a restaurant..no..but what hotel is. The pool water was the warmest I've ever been in! We played for hours in the waterpark! They have something for every age! Yes, there was some green on the wooden stairs as someone mentioned in a different review..BUT you don't have to use them! You can get to anywhere you need to go and not use them if it really bothers you. They also have a small arcade..we didn't use it but we checked it out. The paintings through out the hotel are beautiful. The staff was great to work with..they have grills outside and a pit for a fire on the beach if you should choose to do so...I hope you stay here and have as wonderful of a time as we did! Bring your bikes or your walking shoes. There is A LOT to do in Mackinaw City and on the island:o) They also give you a packet with discounts to use and they have a discounted rate for the ferry to the island too!

Room Tip: We loved our 2 Queen lakefront room with a balcony. (We also had a cot) BEAUTIFUL VIEW! We were on t...
2 Thank LeeAnn R
Livingston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed here as part of a cycling trip heading Down to Chicago with some friends. Comfortable and economical. The staff were very pleasant and attentive. The breakfast buffet was fresh and filling, plastic cutlery and plates gave it a hostel look and feel overly beach front and right on the lake with great views.

I would recommend this hotel as a comfortable economy stay over.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over looking the lake and you will catch a beautiful sunrise.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Garry A
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I just recently stayed at the Bridge Vista with my family. The staff and front desk were very friendly and helpful I getting me to my room. After a day on the island and walking around Mackinaw city, we decided to go to the hotels water park. It was great for the kids and they even have a lifeguard on duty for the slides for our kids protection. It was a great place to stay, we loved it.

2 Thank bob f