“Ok place to stay”

Budget Inn Mackinaw
Ranked #25 of 40 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Room was ok--not overly clean but tolerable. the 2nd room couldn't get the a/c into it so we had to ask for a fan. Would have been nice to open the windows but since they had no screens and we were on the 2nd floor, decided that was no good. Needs quite a bit of upkeep done but hopefully it will be done--staff was very helpful and pleasant.
The name has changed on this hotel AGAIN....the sign out front doesn't match the sign on the building, which doesn't match the sign piled up in the back parking lot.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 July 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel on accident..the hotel we originally booked did not have a late check in and was closed when we got to town. This place was open, friendly, and had a room for us after 1 in the morning. As we got in so late we didn't take advantage of the pool or any other amenities, but overall we were pleased with the value of the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 5 July 2012

We ended up arriving at our destination early and could not get the extra night next door. This hotel is under new management and was a pleasant surprise, the rate was great, staff was very friendly, room was clean and it had a nice pool area. One suggestion, book rooms directly, it is much less expensive, the hotel gets more out of room and you pay less that going through expedia sites (where you pay an additional 20-30%, the hotel gets less for the room and expedia gets to rip you off for a bundle...)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank themadamhatter
Reviewed 13 May 2012

We stayed at this hotel and it was pleasant experience. The hotel is under new management. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpfull. The room was very clean and spacious. We really enjoyed the entire stay. The breakfast in morning was very nice with hot waffle. We will come back again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Steven L
Reviewed 9 August 2011

This hotel room we stayed in smelled terrible.There was mold all over the walls and ceiling.No hand soap no bath soap there was shampoo one packet on the sink and one in the shower..The bed was on a frame too small for the mattress.The carpet was water mark stained.The cont. breakfast was frozen muffins and no cups for coffee.2 bagels no cream cheese no butter nothing.The front desk manager was very hard to understand his english was broken at best.Thank God we didnt get bed bugs.This place should be condemed it is the worst hotle ever!I made my husband look under the bed for a possible dead hooker the room stunk so bad.We had to have the window open and the AC on.......

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Brian H
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Booked 2 days and ended up cancelling the second day 24 hours ahead of time and the hotel told me that I had to do it through Hotels.com. Called hotels.com and they said I had to cancell with the hotel. By the time I talked to everyone at Hotels.com and everyone in Mackinaw County I was screwed and paid for 2 days even though I only stayed one and tried to cancel the second day 24 hours ahead of time. Hotel staff barely spoke English as well as the personnel at Hotels.com. Then I got my credit card bill today and the hotel charged me for a third day! I called the hotel and got NO WHERE!!
I would recommend anyone wanting to book this hotel think otherwise. NOT A GOOD IDEA!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank VAEMPTRAV
Reviewed 21 July 2011

Well, the highlights..... Clean room, working TV, working A/C and clean beds. Disgusting pool (Brown...... I swear they turned the tap on and let-er-rip!.... no hint of Chemicals).
Front desk lady was helpful, but foreign and slightly hard to understand. Breakfast was kinda a joke but what do you expect for bargain-basement prices in such a touristy area?

Wasn't expecting much and it met my expectations. Would I come back? Yes....... but after exhausting all other options first.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple