“Freshed hot Whitefish in Mackinaw City”
Review of Odawa Fishery Inc - CLOSED

Odawa Fishery Inc
Price range: US$7 - US$12
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Prepared fresh and hot for each order. Simple presentation - focus is the FOOD and it's great. Be ready for limited but adequate lunch and dinner hours. NO inside dining. Also place to buy raw and smoked fish, which is always tasty.

1  Thank glac_fish

Reviewed 1 August 2012

While camping, we picked up four pounds of whitefish for a fish fry and it was excellent. The lady in the store patiently answered my questions. There was a good selection of fresh fish and the prices were reasonable.

1  Thank JWilliam0316
Reviewed 9 July 2012

For a really, really fresh deep fried whitefish lunch you can't beat the simple fish and chips eaten at the picnic table outside Bell's Fishery. Nothing fancy, served in cardboard boats with the usual condiments - it is simply delicious. They must have hired a new guy this year because he was very polite and the service was prompt. And of course then you must go in the actual shop for some take home fresh or smoked whitefish or trout. They are trying to set up an overnight shipping service for those of us who live in places where whitefish is unavailable but as of July 2012 that hasn't happened. I can't wait until it does, though.

1  Thank hungryone
Reviewed 20 June 2011

Saturday, June 18th at 6pm, 4 of us stopped to purchase smoked fish. We were the ONLY car in the parking lot. They only had Whitefish and Lake Trout left, but it was late in the day and to be expected that the selection of smoked fish would be limited. While making our individual selections, more people arrived, then another couple of people arrived. In addition to us, there might have been 6 more people in the store waiting to make a purchase. The older woman behind the counter said to us, and NOT in a joking manner..........."WHAT DID YOU DO, BRING THE ENTIRE TOWN IN WITH YOU? I'M TIRED WANTED TO GO HOME">
We all looked at each other that such a comment would be LOUDLY announced....like it was putting her out to have to put some filets into a wrapper, weight it and collect the money. We purchased over $100 in fish......and it was EXCELLENT. But I hope I never run into this disgruntled woman behind the counter again.

3  Thank LWOS
Reviewed 5 June 2011

My review is for the fishery and not the take out window they have for fried fish. I made it a point to stop here on every visit to Mac City and take home some whitefish pate and smoked whitefish. However, the service I have received over the past 3 stops have made me no longer make this a must stop ever again. I make about 4-5 visits each year to Mac City so it is not like a once a year stop. I was treated so rudely this year after just inquiring about their hours that I will not be back. They told me that the "hours are posted on the door"....folks, I have 2 Masters degrees from CMU and I know if hours are posted on the door or not. If they had been I wouldn't have had to walk inside to inquire! She then said "Oh, I guess they are not there....let me check." Screaming into the back room where no less than 5 people were standing around told me it was time to spend my money elsewhere. Head to Kreugers over by Darrows restaurant. I have gone here the past 4 times and always get excellent fish! They are cordial and nice and seem downright happy to have your business.

6  Thank bikeboy62