See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 August 2012

We stayed one night at the Capri. Gentleman manager(not the young lady mentioned in other review) was very friendly and helpful. We stayed here due to price before going to Mackinac Island. Room was old, and bathroom floor was sticky. Wi-Fi only worked in the office and pool was clean,but very cold. As with many other places in Mack City the Capri is tired, but the prices charged at the newer waterfront hotels are a crime.

It was OK for one night. Did not use the shower, but the door did CLOSE. THERE are other places nearby, but THEIR prices are much higher.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2012

very clean room . Freindly manager. price was very good for being near a resort town. it is also near a bike trail to go to town. I plane on using that next trip with my wifes mobility scooter and I will walk it. There is three steps to get into the room, but my wife was able to handle them okay with her walker. They do have a continental breakfast for bagels, ceareal and juice. I went to fast food half mile down the road. Basic over nighter, no frills!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2012

This is a 28 or 29 room no frills seasonal motel. The on-site manager is the only employee and I believe he would go out of his way to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

If you're looking for spacious rooms, modern furniture, alarm clocks, or flat screen TVs, then you should check out one of the more expensive hotels in the area. But for less than $60 a night you get a clean room, a shower with a lot of water pressure, and great place to lay your head.

I will stay at the motel again, and I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2012 via mobile

This hotel is sick , their is splotches all over the carpet the air conditioner doesnt work and it has a horrible musky smell and the beds are like rocks and the bathroom door didnt even clothes , the only good thing is the shower the shower is really high pressure and it gets warm fast , but if you have another choice go their not here this place is not worth the money !

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Adort113
Reviewed 7 September 2011

We stopped at this mom and pop motel about midnight on a Thursday night. It said OPEN in bright lights. We pulled up to a lighted office, with no one in it and locked doors. The phone next to the door had instructions to call for service. OK. I called and the lady on the phone was very friendly and quoted us a price of $45. Fine with us. We were only staying the one night. About 10 minutes later, up walked a young lady (16 to 20 maybe), with an angry look on her face with an attitude to match. She yanked open the door and it was obvious she had been sleeping. I tried to make light of it by asking her if I had woken her and she said, "Yes, that is right, I WAS sleeping." Well, excuse me. She told us we could not park our car/camper in front of our room, or along the pool, as it would block the other guests' cars. Not so. She said we'd have to unhitch in the "back" in the "grass" somewhere. No room to do that, either. We just parked along the picnic area and didn't block anyone from their room or parking lot in general. She also stated 10 AM was the check out time as they need to do business the next day. OK..

Our room was very basic-everything worked OK though. Shower pressure was excellent. Basic towels, bed was comfortable. No alarm clock-so who is going to wake us up in time to leave at 10 AM? We called the office-but it doesn't ring through. We called the motel's number and it went again to the nice lady at the beginning of our stay. Apparently, a series of motels has a nighttime operator answer their calls for them and then she must call whomever is working that particular motel's desk that night. I told her of my experience and she said she would let them know about a wake up call at 8: 30 AM and that not to worry about leaving right at 10 AM. We never got the wake up call and we left by 10:15 AM. When we dropped off the key the next morning, another young lady was working and she didn't say a word to us.

So, service was terrible, rooms are fair-definitely older motel that could use a bit of a spruce up. Nice grounds and very nice pool. Small picnic area with a BB grill and swings. I stayed here a few times as a child and have fond memories of it. Good parking lot-recently repaved, or so it looks. Clean. Minimal continental breakfast-don't bother with the watered down orange juice though-horrible. Coffee not much better.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple