See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 June 2013

A budget motel. The prices are unbeatable, really, so there is a lot I will put up with for around $50 a night. As others have stated, the motel is tired, but very clean. The water took a VERY long time to get hot and the water pressure was laughable, but we did manage to get clean. Having cable was nice after a long drive up from Grand Rapids, but we found it strange that they didn't offer a queen or king bed, but instead 2 doubles. My husband and I had to sleep separately because of this (I like to spread out when I'm sleeping). Breakfast was satisfactory and the owner was such a sweet man and very friendly and helpful. All in all I would recommend to travelers looking to save some money.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank nightingale7703
Reviewed 26 May 2013

The Capri motel is a budget motel , however the rooms are sparkling clean, the location is perfect and Mark the owner is what I would expect to find in an upscale hotel or in a Bed & breakfast. Marks knowledge and friendliness goes above and beyond the call of duty. Do yourself a favor save a few dollars get an amazing experience and stay at the Capri you will be glad you did.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank koffiman
Reviewed 17 September 2012 via mobile

I came for a bicycle event and did not plan to spend a lot of time in the room. I found the Capri to be dated, maintained and clean. The room lacked a refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot and hair dryer. The water was plenty hot and there is cable TV. Breakfast which I did not partake of was served at 7:30. It is located close to the exit and is about the same distance away from the shops and Shepler's Ferry as some of the more expensive motels on the beach south of town.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 26 August 2012

My girlfriend and I rode our cycles to Michigan and stayed here. The rooms were older but still clean and the price was great. We did not swim so outdoor pool was no big deal to us. The staff was great not a big breakfast but was good every day. We stay at places to sleep,shower, and watch some tv. We were able to do this with no problems. It is far enough away from the town to be quiet but close enough if you needed to run to town it was just a few minutes. We felt safe and did not worry about anybody messing with our cycles. We do plan on going back again and WILL be staying here again.

Room Tip: If you are not the type of person that needs all the extras this is the place for you. If you need all the extras stay somewhere else and spend twice as much on the rooms and have less to spend on your fun.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roger S
Reviewed 15 August 2012

We stayed one night at the Capri. Gentleman manager(not the young lady mentioned in other review) was very friendly and helpful. We stayed here due to price before going to Mackinac Island. Room was old, and bathroom floor was sticky. Wi-Fi only worked in the office and pool was clean,but very cold. As with many other places in Mack City the Capri is tired, but the prices charged at the newer waterfront hotels are a crime.

It was OK for one night. Did not use the shower, but the door did CLOSE. THERE are other places nearby, but THEIR prices are much higher.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family