“Best Budget Stay in Mack City”
Review of Capri Motel

Capri Motel
Ranked #37 of 40 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I stayed here on a motorcycle trip. We don't stay in ritzy places on cycle trips as we only stop long enough to sleep and then we're back on the road. We look for a clean place, with a low price. The Capri was exactly what we were looking for. The rooms are clean, everything works, it's just a little dated. Shower was nice and warm, a touch short for me, but I'm 6'5". The beds were firm but comfy. There were enough channels of TV to keep us entertained as we winded down. No alarm clock in the room, but we all have smartphones with alarm cocks, right? We could park our bikes right in front of the room which was nice, and there were some plastic chairs on the porch out front to sit on and enjoy the evening. It was quiet, comfortable, and clean. And it was 20 bucks less than anything else in town. We didn't try the outdoor pool, but it looked good. Breakfast was bagels or cereal. The bagels were good, nothing fancy, but I usually like to go out for a big meal to start the day. The staff was friendly, other than check-in I had no interaction with them, as I had no complaints. There was a Coke machine and an icemaker available.

Not a fancy joint, but clean and cheap. If I was on a multi day trip where I would be hanging out in the room alot, or trying to impress my significant other I would have spent more on a fancy joint. If you're traveling on buisness, passing through quickly, or on a budget like we were, I would highly reccomend it. Had everything we needed, and was 50 bucks less than anything on the waterfront. Ideal budget accommodations.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank KawiVoyager

Reviewed 16 August 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Claudia W
Reviewed 4 August 2013

The Wi-Fi worked well, the shower was hot and lots of water pressure. The manager was courteous and fun to deal with and a continental breakfast was provided to boot. Not a bad deal for $50. Would stay here again. A little off the beaten path which was fine with us too.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2013

After reading the reviews, we decided this budget motel would be just fine for sleeping for one night. We made a reservation and when we arrived, 20 minutes after we were allowed to check in, there was no one in the locked office. We called from the outside phone and were told someone would be right there. After 12 minutes, the manager arrived from his lunch break. He was apologetic and gave us our room keys. We had reserved 2 rooms. Our room was clean in appearance, but had a stale odor. Our other room smelled like smoke even though it had air freshener recently sprayed in it. Judging by all the cigarette butts in the parking lot, it was likely previous residents had been smoking in the "non-smoking" rooms or had sat out in front with the door open. Decor is very dated. Our bath had vinyl tile which had been ripped up behind the toilet and just laid back down gaps and all. Sheets were clean and air conditioner kept our room cool for the night. Continental breakfast had fresh bagels, jam, and cream cheese, cold cereal and instant oatmeal with hot water available. There was also orange and apple juice and coffee. We did not use the pool due to time constraints. The manager was new and still trying to figure out everything. He was pleasant and friendly.
We would not stay at this motel again due to odors in our rooms and dirty parking lot, as we had small children with us.
We went for price and learned that we should have paid more and had a better experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank XTeachie2
Reviewed 27 June 2013

This hotel is the perfect budget motel. Although it is a bit older the rooms are very clean and the office staff is very sweet and helpful. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to save some money while traveling to Mackinaw. They also send out a discount card after your first stay for the next time you stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kelsie K
Reviewed 17 June 2013

A budget motel. The prices are unbeatable, really, so there is a lot I will put up with for around $50 a night. As others have stated, the motel is tired, but very clean. The water took a VERY long time to get hot and the water pressure was laughable, but we did manage to get clean. Having cable was nice after a long drive up from Grand Rapids, but we found it strange that they didn't offer a queen or king bed, but instead 2 doubles. My husband and I had to sleep separately because of this (I like to spread out when I'm sleeping). Breakfast was satisfactory and the owner was such a sweet man and very friendly and helpful. All in all I would recommend to travelers looking to save some money.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank nightingale7703
Reviewed 26 May 2013

The Capri motel is a budget motel , however the rooms are sparkling clean, the location is perfect and Mark the owner is what I would expect to find in an upscale hotel or in a Bed & breakfast. Marks knowledge and friendliness goes above and beyond the call of duty. Do yourself a favor save a few dollars get an amazing experience and stay at the Capri you will be glad you did.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple