See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 August 2017

The room was nice. The pool was also very nice. I had a nice stay in Mackinaw City. The motel was very close to downtown and the stores and shops. I don't know what more to add other than I had a very enjoyable stay in Mackinaw City

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2017

We travelled with another couple 7 hrs. on the motorcycles and we were tired and just wanted to get a room and relax....well! It looks okay maybe outdated on the outside.
We asked for a room $190.00 American for a double room...highway robbery!
Get our keys and open the door...then it hits ya....an overwhelming stench of mustiness!
The room hadn't been cleaned in months ( spider webs with dead bugs in them) all over in the shower and the curtains. The bathroom floors were soft and wet! The beds had clean sheets on them but they had been there awhile cause the dampness smell was in the sheets! MOLD CITY!!

Room Tip: Use your hard earned money on another room...this wasn't worth the stop!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jancouchie
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

This motel should be condemned! The rooms were smelly, there were ants climbing on the walls, the carpet was filthy and the air conditioner didn't work. We paid for this room through Motels.com and when we asked for a cancellation within 24 hours of booking, the clerk refused our request and called the police when we insisted that he give us a copy of our receipt. The worst motel experience we have ever had. We left and the next morning I contacted motels.com and they refunded some [not all] of ore money.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2017

We stayed here and it was horrible. We had to change rooms because the smell was so bad. The other room wasn't much better. The rooms smell, are dirty, no internet, the pool was closed and just disgusting overall. Spoke to management several times and the last time I went to the office, management and staff were in the back office smoking marijuana. Several other people refused to stay in this place.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

There were so many things wrong with our room that I don't know where to begin, so let me state the one good aspect: the sheets were clean. But the list of issues is long: the musty smell of the room was overpowering; the filter on the A/C hadn't been cleaned in the last decade (and I tried not to think of all the dust and who-knows-what we were breathing in while we slept); the walls were covered in black marks; the window was cracked; the globe on the hanging light had multiple dead bugs in it; the toilet seat was missing the bumpers on the underside and had some weird green goop on it (I was so disgusted by it that I refused to sit down on it); the vanity had jagged pieces of laminate missing; the only available outlet in the room was by the bed, but it didn't work.

We were on a motorcycle trip, finding places to stay as we went, never sure ahead of time where we were going to end the day. That part was really fun. What wasn't so fun was having to stay in a dump like this motel. Here's what the experience taught us: check the room first before paying for it.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple