“Great campground!”

Mackinaw Mill Creek Campground
Reviewed 23 July 2011

My second visit and even happier second time around. Very clean, well run and view was awesome! Yes the sites in full hook up are a bit small, but well worth it to me. If you want something larger, they have a lot of sites to choose from. I would recommend Mackinaw Mills to anyone going to Macinaw area.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank CamperJimbo

Reviewed 6 July 2011

we stayed at the campground 4th of july weekend & it ruined our holiday !! when i reserved our site i aked for lakefront & was told there was none available when we arrived the site they put us on was full of gravel & our electric was approx. 100 ft from our campsite. the sites are barely big enough for 2 tents there are no bombfire pits so make sure you bring a grill so you dont have to buy one from there extremely overpriced store. The free put-put golf is a joke its nothin more than a bunch of PVC pipe. when we walked around we seen several lakefront lots vacant even though we were told there was none, the so called beach area is dirty & full of rocks in the water & out. The ppl there were very rude & if you have a problem w/ your campsite dont waste your breath by asking for a differant one like the website says if your not happy let them no dont bother.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank dissapointed2011
Reviewed 5 July 2011

We stayed at Mackinaw Mill Creek for the 4th of July holiday, but I will not come back. The sites are extremely small and tight, and the staff is rude and unfriendly. We reserved three sites for a group of 12 and we could not peacefully gather by the campfire at night because every site is so close to each other.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Homer25
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Mill Creek is a very large campground, with a great location on the lake. The views of the bridge at night with the sun going down were beautiful. Our site, a water/electric site was very large in comparison to other campgrounds we've stayed at. I liked that there were trees on three sides of the site, which makes it more private.

There is a nice camp store, lots of wine/liquor, pizza, camping gear, grocery items, etc. There is an arcade for bigger kids, and a nice little playground. This is all at the back side of the campground.

However, if you are looking for a FULL hook-up site, they are very cramped. I've never seen RV's parked so closely at a campground before. It's obvious that they try to fit as many in on the bridge side of the campground as possible, for the view, but i would have been upset if our site was that small. I would highly reccomend a water/electric site only. They are much larger.

The only other thing we didn't like, is there were a lot of rules regarding firewood, quiet time, not wearing shoes/"street clothes" into the pool area" etc. posted in the flier they hand out ,but no info on anything going on at the campground that weekend. They didn't seem very friendly when we checked in. Twice we saw a fire truck/hayride go by with lots of kids, but we didn't know about it. I'm sure our kids would have enjoyed it.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jballtraveler
Reviewed 29 June 2011

We were here the week after Memorial Day, so the place was fairly empty. The lots are very close, but did not bother us as we were only one of twenty campers in the park. I requested a Bridge View six months in advance, we did get a water view, but could not see the bridge. The campground was clean, and staff was nice. The restrooms and the showers were gross to say the least. The showers need some major updating. We may try the place down the road next time.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2011

Now, I dont normally write reviews. But, before we left I read about a million of them looking for some specifics. So, hopefully someone else will be able to benifit from our experience. We had a delux bridge view, on the lake cabin. I was a little dissapointed to arrive and find that you are not really "on the lake". The cabin is about 150 yards from the beach. So, if you are planning on letting the kids play in the water as you lay from your cabin and watch.... DONT. Its not even possible. There is a huge grassy area leading to the water, that my girls loved running and playing in. The beach is way to rocky in this area to even consider letting them play in. But after the original dissapointment, I was very pleased with the location. THe view is amaxing, but the bugs were so bad by the water, that I loved being back a little. The cabin itself was perfect for 2 small children. The bunkbeds were in their own little room with plenty of room for storage. The kitchenette even came with a microwave, which we were not expecting. Make sure you bring your own towels, bedding and such. It was very clean.
We were able to use to heated pool on the first day it was open. It was nice and clean, and actually warm for June 1. There is a huge playground right next to it, thatthe kids loved. The store had everything that you could need and more. The prices were pretty decent actually. There is also a very nice little sandy beach area.
Keep in mind that we did all of this on the "off season". We were there the very first week of June. The park is HUGE and it was empty. I imagine it would get quite crowded and over run as others have stated. But, for what we wanted, it was all perfect. We didnt have any problems with staff or service. You cant beat the price and the location. Plus, your only 3 miles from Mackinaw City and 12 from Cheboygan. Both are great places to get away from cabin life for the day. Have fun!

Room Tip: Bridge view on the lake
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank sahmof2grlz
Reviewed 29 May 2011

Don't expect much and you won't be disapointed. VERY tight full hook up sites right next to the above ground septic that smells like sewer. In the full hook-up area your awning will be 16 inches away from the trailer next to you. Stay in the water and electric sites for a larger camp site. The dump station is just plain nasty as your sewer water spills on the ground and then funnels down the drain. Rinse all the nasty down with a hose and your done. I dump my tanks at a campground by my home so I don't hqve to use theirs. They make it very clear over and over that you cannot bring your own firewood into the campground. You are required to buy their wet, green, split last week wood that won't burn. The wood is always wet and green, always, alway, always. Save youself the agrivation and skip the fire.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple