“Once you've seen one lighthouse......”

Shepler's Lighthouse Cruises
More attraction details
Owner description: Sail the Straits of Mackinac! Sixteen historic lighthouses lie within easy cruising distance of Mackinaw City. Travel in comfort and safety on Shepler's spacious vessels during these fascinating tours. For close to three centuries, the Straits of Mackinac has been a vital nautical thoroughfare, providing passage between Lakes Huron and Michigan. But traveling its famed blue waters has not come without risk. Over the many decades, lighthouses were built to protect mariners from dangerous shoals and reefs. Each has a story to tell. Shepler's exclusive Lighthouse Cruises are voyages of discovery. Guests are treated to awe-inspiring views and the fascinating history surrounding these Great Lakes guardians.
Michigan
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Once you've seen one lighthouse......”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The tour leaves out of Mackinaw city and then proceeds to show you all of the lighthouses it can in a 3 hour period. The tour guide was interesting to a point, but, for my tastes, I wouldnt do it again. Too pricey (about 50.00 a person) and I got bored looking at lighthouses for 3 hours.
The boat was clean and you could sit above or below- get their early if you want to sit on top, but be aware that its the Great Lakes- windy waters make waves and it can be very cold after 3 hours of waves splashing onto you.
They had the usual overpriced snacks but a very limited variety.
So, to sum up: If you havent had a chance to cruise around the Great Lakes for 3 hours ever or you are really into lighhouse history then this is for you. If you have kids (or adults like me) they will be bored due to the length of the trip.

3 Thank imcingu2

Bloomingdale, Illinois
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Eastbound Cruise”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We totally enjoyed our eastbound lighthouse cruise. We had taken the westbound cruise a couple years ago and wanted to take this cruise also. The captain was part of the Shepler family and did an excellent job taking us around and giving us ample opportunities to take pictures of the lighthouses. The tour guide was also excellent and extremely knowledgeable about the area and all the lighthouses and their history. This is highly recommended if you enjoy lighthouses.

2 Thank RJSJCSCamping
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
81 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 127 helpful votes
“A rare opportunity”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I happened to be leaving Mackinaw City on a day when they were offering the Lighthouse Tour. I decided to stay an extra day, and I'm so happy I chose to do that!
Our tour guide was literally "the guy who wrote the book" on lighthouses in the Mackinac Straits. He knew the history of the lighthouses thoroughly, and told fascinating and humorous stories about them.
The cruise got me inspired to come back next summer and be a lighthouse keeper for a week or two!

Visited July 2013
4 Thank ComradeCamper
Altoona, Iowa
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very efficient ferry to Mackinaw Island”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We were told by our hotel manager to take one of the first two ferries of the morning as they went under the Mackinaw Bridge on their way to the island. Very well managed and organized operation for getting people, bikes and luggage on and off the ferry in a timely manner.

Visited July 2013
Port Huron, Michigan, United States
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Extended East Cruise”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I went on the extended east cruise. We had a beautiful calm sunny day. I can't wait to go back and see some of the other lighthouse's you can only see by boat!

1 Thank Cindy L