“Amazingly clean & friendly”

Baymont Inn & Suites Mackinaw City
Ranked #2 of 40 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Reviewed 7 October 2011

My husband & I spent our honeymoon in a jacuzzi suite 10 yrs ago. It was such a nice experience, we booked the same room again 2 weeks ago. After 10 yrs, the hotel is still a 5 star. The entire experience was wonderful, starting with the clean lobby, very friendly desk clerk, & a room that was quiet, immaculate, & smelled very fresh. The rooms are modern & tastefully decorated....very comfortable. They also have a wonderful breakfast buffet. We even had fresh fudge waiting for us in our room with a nice note that congratulated us on our 10th Anniversary from the entire staff. The hotel is conveniently located off I-75 for an easy off/easy on. We will go back. BTW....I am VERY fussy, & a clean freak :)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
BaymontMackinaw, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Mackinaw City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2011

Thank you for taking time to write a comment on TripAdvisor with regard to the hotel. We appreciate your kind words and hope to see you again!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,363)

Reviewed 6 October 2011

The hotel and the rooms are very clean. Beds are ok, but are not very soft. Room was a nice size. There is no refrigerator or microwave or safe in the room. There is a breakfast offered with cereal, waffles, hard-boiled eggs and some pastries. Staff are pleasant and helpful. The business center is just a computer that you have to stand up to use in the lobby.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
BaymontMackinaw, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Mackinaw City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2011

Thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your choosing the Baymont Mackinaw and hope to see you again next season.

Reviewed 5 October 2011

I have stayed at this hotel twice now and I am very pleased with this hotel. It is close to Shepard's Ferry, walking distance close! The mall and the main strip are also within walking distance. Very clean hotel, good breakfast and friendly staff!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Stayed twice 3 weeks apart and both rooms were hot and both rooms had a very very loud air con. We both hated the pillows (Too high) Maybe a floor mount fan would help with the heat. Clean rooms and friendly staff. We have stayed many times with good results .

2  Thank bbbbEdmonton
BaymontMackinaw, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Mackinaw City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2011

We certainly appreciate your time in writing your review on TripAdvisor. I hope you called down to the front desk to let them know your room was to warm, they could have assisted you with that. The pillows are fluffy and if you are used to a hard pillow then I certainly appreciate why you did not like them! Thank you for staying with us at the Baymont Mackinaw we enjoy our returning guests and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 September 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights. We had stayed further out of town on our last trip and wanted to be in walking distance to attractions and restaurants.
We stayed in a king suite, it was very spacious, it was nice to have a fridge for our water, I hate drinking room temp water. I loved the ceiling fan in the room, I am at the time in my life that I want air moving around me at night to stay cool.
We didn't make it to the breakfast, we were on vacation which means sleeping in not getting up at dawn.
The hotel is right next to the on ramp for the bridge so there is some traffic noise, nothing to complain about.
We walked to the water, shopping, Mackinaw Bridge, and restaurants. The only time we needed the car was to go to the UP and the Mill Museum.
I used the pool one night and had it all to myself which I enjoyed, don't like hot tubs but did get in for a couple of minutes to warm up from pool which was not cold but cool.
We got the AARP rate, cheaper than AAA rate so was able to get bigger room.

1  Thank mollymuffsmom

Thank you so much for taking time to give the Baymont Mackinaw a TripAdvisor Review. We certainly appreciate you choosing to stay with us on your visit this time and are happy to hear you enjoyed your accommodations. The Baymont Mackinaw is very close to everything in Mackinaw City and your right! you really don't have to get in your car again if you don't want to ...
we look forward to hosting you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 16 September 2011

I enjoy coming to Mackinaw City Baymont. It is very clean and well maintained. I also like it because it is family owned and operated, so you get a more personal touch. It's reasonably priced and close to attractions. I had a dead battery in my car as I was getting ready to leave and they came out and helped me jump start it and suggested a repair shop in town. They went out of there way to help me. I know I will return on my next trip there.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
BaymontMackinaw, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Mackinaw City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2011

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to give the Baymont Mackinaw City such a kind review. We enjoy the family atmosphere here at the Baymont and obviously it shows if you recognized it !
We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 11 September 2011

The good things - The room was very clean, comfortable and spacious.
The bad things - we stayed in a 2-queen room. There was no refrigerator or microwave.
Both nights we were there, the front desk receptionist's 4 kids were running around in the lobby area, in front of the doors and elevator. For such a large hotel, there was only one elevator. The breakfast area size is inadequate for the size of the hotel. There were no plugs on the desk for laptops, phone chargers, etc. Also, no adequate plugs for CPAP's.
Overall, this is a modern hotel without the expected modern amenities.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
BaymontMackinaw, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Mackinaw City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2011

Thank you for taking time out of your day to post your review on TripAdvisor. At times our breakfast area is not big enough to hold everyone coming down to the breakfast area and we have looked at many ideas of how we can best serve our guests. I am a little confused on the receptionists kids running around the lobby comment as all of our desk personnel have kids that are older in age. The front desk has been instructed to kindly remind our young visiting guests that they are at the hotel with other guests and that they should use their inside voices and not run. Again, thank you for your review. We certainly appreciate your comments and look forward to your next return.