“very nice resort”

Ranked #35 of 39 Hotels in Mackinaw City
A TripAdvisor Member
“very nice resort”
Reviewed 16 August 2003

The Grand View Resort is one of the nicest places I have stayed in a long time. The staff was extremely friendly espcially Sarah. She was very cheerful in the morning. The staff went out of there way to make our stay better. I would defiantly come and stay here agian.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 August 2003

I recently stayed with my husband and two children at the Grand View Resort. We decided upon this place based largely upon their website, which made MANY FALSE REPRESENTATIONS. What was even worse, was that the people of the "resort" (should be labeled a motel) made excuse after excuse for the problems we incurred, offering no discount, no remedy, and, certainly, no apology. The website placed great emphasis upon the "warm, heated pool". I have never been in a pool so icy cold in my life. Their response was that the heater was not working." (We later learned that the manager "forgot" to turn it on) This was a great disappointment to the kids.Next, friends of ours stayed in the room next to us. Their air conditioning was broken. (In July) While they promised to get it fixed "immediately", when we left three days later, it was still not fixed.Finally, (again, as advertised in the website) I asked the front desk where the Laundry facilities were, she proceeded to highlight a map of downtown Mackinaw City, several miles from the motel, where I could go and do some laundry. When I asked about waht was represented on their website, she replied "Oh, yeah, those are on order".The rooms were very average and the cleaning service barely even made the beds. I guess the bottom line is that this place is far from being a "RESORT", yet they charged resort like prices. It is a below average motel with very average amenities. Our group of six adults and five children was extremely disappointed in the Grand View Resort and we would never return.

22 Thank A TripAdvisor Member