“Great service!”

and 1 more site!
Clearwater Lakeshore Motel
Ranked #1 of 40 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Great service! Great price! Great view! Beach and fire pit were a bonus. Best sunset and view of the bridge anywhere in Mackinaw City. Gary and his staff work hard to make you know that they value your patronage. We will be booking again this Fall!

1  Thank James M
Gary_McGaughey, Owner at Clearwater Lakeshore Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Thanks James! It was nice to sit by the fire with you and Heather for a few minutes which I rarely get a chance to do. Just give us a call when you’re coming back up in the fall. See you then!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,108)

Reviewed 8 July 2014

The Clearwater Lakeshore is a "diamond" among the lakeshore hotels in Mackinaw City. The rooms are clean, the staff is so friendly and Gary, the owner, will bend over backwards to see that your stay is pleasurable! Thank you Gary and staff for a wonderful vacation memory!!

• Stayed: June 2014

SL – I’m glad my wonderful staff and I were able to provide you with great service! We try our best and it means a lot to us when it’s appreciated. We’d love to see you again!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Given the reviews that I read, I expected more. The room was okay, but definitely needs some upkeep (new linens, paint, etc.) After checking in, my husband and I walked to the rear of the property (we did not have a view from our room) to see the bridge. Although there were swings provided, they were all either broken or covered in bird "stuff." Upon looking down, I noticed ant hills... LOTS of ant hills. Perhaps they should consider treating the place if they expect people to hang out there? That being said, the room was cleanish (no bed bugs...) and it served our purpose (bed and shower.) The staff was very nice and exceptionally helpful with suggestions about local attractions, food, etc.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Only there for one night, but was very pleased. Staff were efficient and friendly. Room was comfortable and cozy. Loved the view of the lake and Mackinaw Bridge. Had brought my own breakfast and enjoyed eating it on the little balcony outside our room. Good WIFI connection. My husband had business to conduct, so even after checkout, I was able to sit in one of the lakeside lounge chairs and read a book until he was done. Only minor complaint was the heavily perfumed smell in the room. The manager might want to tone that down a little. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a lakefront room
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Gary_McGaughey, Owner at Clearwater Lakeshore Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Ohio Traveler, my wife and I are both strongly opposed to the use of any sort of perfumed/scented product in the motel or anywhere for that matter. Personally I feel it’s akin to second hand smoke, I’m being forced to breath something I don’t care to breath. We use unscented laundry detergent, which is surprisingly difficult to obtain for a commercial laundry machine. We have seen some “air freshener” in one of our housekeeping closets, I asked our housekeepers to keep an eye out for it and dispose of it after your review and a similar comment from another guest. Thanks for the heads up!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed one night on a way to the Mackinac Island. The room was clean and had everything we needed. We stayed on the second floor and the view of the lake and the bridge was beautiful. It was a very nice, relaxing stay.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for the review algreen, we’re glad you enjoyed your stay. When we travel on vacation we’re always looking for a place that’s affordable, comfortable, and relaxing. We’re trying to make the Clearwater that sort of place.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The room was great and the view was even better. we had a king bed with a single bed it was great for us and my step son thought it was great he had his own tv in the room with his bed. The Staff was very friendly we will stay there again when go back in a few years.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Robby: I’m glad you liked the room, those King + Single rooms are ideal for parents or grandparents traveling with 1 child. They are difficult to describe over the phone, but once I show people the room they’re all for it. Everyone gets a little privacy without the cost of 2 separate rooms. Thanks for the nice review, we’ll see you when you return!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We upgraded to a Lakefront room-well worth it. Very nice room, convenient to Ferry to Mackinaw Island. Has coffee maker, fridge, table. People were enjoying fire pit. Great view of Mackinac Bridge. Balcony with chairs was great location for sunset.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Robert: “Better than expected” means that we exceeded your expectations which is always our goal. I tell guests when they inquire that the private lakefront balconies in the lakefront rooms just make for an overall better experience. I always try to have the rooms priced so that it’s only a minor upcharge to upgrade from a queen room in the courtyard building to a king lakefront room. I think it’s a good value. Thanks for the review!