“Would have thought it would have been better.”
Review of Dixie Saloon

Dixie Saloon
Ranked #18 of 53 Restaurants in Mackinaw City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

First night in Mackinaw on Fathers Day thought we would try it out. Thought that the food could have been better. I had fish & ribs. The fish was pretty good but only got 2 small pieces & the ribs, I had better. Especially for a $24 meal! The place was pretty busy & the staff seemed to always be in a hurry running around. Maybe they were short handed idk. I would NOT visit again.

1  Thank Piper1973
Write a ReviewReviews (1,558)

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were here on vacation and out of all the places we had been..this was by far the best....on the way we hit bug buck brewery..... horrible....then hit family dining.... it was OK....but then hit Dixie saloon.... finally great food....cool place....great service....and u can also can carve/write your name in the posts.....thought it was really cool and would go back for sure again and would definitely recommend!!!!

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

There was no wait at the time we were there. The waitress was prompt and friendly. The steaks were a bit tough on one end, mashed potatoes were cold. A bit over priced for the quality.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The food was absolutely amazing. I wish that I had found this place earlier in my trip. The prices were very reasonable. The decor and woodwork is gorgeous. The staff is super friendly yet very professional.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is a casual family/bar restaurant at the foot of the Shepler's Ferry Dock. Great food and drinks. We loved the Whitefish, Perch and Walleye dinners. (Local beers on tap.)