“Would have rather stayed somewhere else!!”

Court Plaza Inn & Suites
Ranked #27 of 39 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Sevierville, Tennessee, USA
“Would have rather stayed somewhere else!!”
Reviewed 29 July 2012

This hotel is horrible! My husband booked it because he said it had decent reviews (lesson in planning hotels came soon after our check-in). It looked so dirty that we didn't even turn down the sheets. We slept on top of the comforter and used our own blankets and pillows. It was centrally located which I would have preferred to stay on the other end because it was more quiet.
The breakfast was a mix of cut oranges, generic cereal, and some biscuits that I'm not sure where or what kind. They were pathetic! The lady who takes care of the breakfast room was very nice and did clean the entire time we were there so at least it was tidy.
The pool did not have a bathroom area and the jet spa looked a green color. We didn't get in. Looked a bit frightening.

Stay here if you like being in the middle of town but if we return, we'll plan better and stay at the other end of town.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 29 July 2012

This is a very outdated hotel but, staff is super nice. The bed was comfortable and the rooms are really big. I'm not a really picky person as long as there is no critters in my room and thank God there was none. This hotel was booked when we stayed here and our room seemed clean but, like I mentioned just outdated. I might stay here again because the location was great to the little town.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2012

The hotel desk staff was rude. The carpet in the room was so dirty that we could not take our shoes off and I doubt we will ever get our socks clean. There were bed bugs. The pool was ok but appeared to need more chlorine.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank 764Traveler
Escanaba, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2012

It was my wedding weekend. My guests and wedding party booked our rooms with them 6 months in advance. We have spoke with manager several times to make sure our arrival was smooth. My mother called in the morning on 6/28 to verify her reservation and was told yes we have everything. My maid of honor called around 2:30 to verify her reservation and the gentleman (manager) was very rude and said "I'm sorry we had to cancel your room and all the guests room." My maid of honor asked why and the gentleman said we lost power and it won't be back on for a few days. Which they never contacted 4 of my guests that were not booked under the wedding party's last name's.After finding this out my step father contacted them asking them if they would at least help us find somewhere to stay because everything was very expensive or booked because of the car show happening in St. Ignace. The manager said very rudely that they don't do that there and hung up. So we then had to find 10 hotel rooms in Mackinaw City the day before we were arriving. We ended up having to stay at 3 different hotels and the cost per night was doubled compared to what we booked with the Court Plaza Inn & Suites. When we arrived on Friday 6/29, my family went over there to see what was going on and the place was open with full power. They were taking reservations, but instead of charging the $99 that we booked the room for they were charging $200+ a night for the rooms we were suppose to have. My family was livid and the manager began to swear at my family and told them to get the blank out of there. I've never had someone who works in customer service speak to a customer that way. Other guests of the hotel were around and saw how he acted. We now have the owner's information and will be following up with the Better Business Bureau and Chamber of Commerce. I advise NEVER staying here. How this place is still open I'm not really sure. The customer service of that manager is horrible and disrespectful.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room at all, cause they will cancel it if they can get more money for it!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Nicole W
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 July 2012

My family of 18 had reserved several rooms at this hotel weeks in advance. The evening before our check-in, I received a call from the manager/owner stating that they lost electricity and he needed to cancel all our reservations. We then had to search online for last minute reservations, which cost the family almost 3 times our budgeted amount. When we arrived in Mackinaw City, we visited the Court Plaza Inn and Suites only to see a full parking lot. I spoke to the owner who told me that they finally got their power back late last night. I asked him, "so all of these cars are from people who booked a last minute reservation?" He responded, "no, I didn't have time to call everyone to tell them the power was restored." I guess he chose those individuals (by name?) he wanted to call back. I do not believe him. I think he was probably being racist to my Hispanic family, and decided to cancel our reservations to charge other people twice, maybe three times the amount for a last minute reservation. He was completely unprofessional.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank EliandFabi
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Dirty hot tub, pool area unlocked, closet door broken, bathroom door sticks & will not close, not fancy or very clean, but nice maid service & reasonable price. Pay more for a clean beachfront room.

• Stayed July 2012
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I was with a bus tour that reserved rooms for 48 seniors for 4 nights. There was no elevator, the doors open onto an outside walkway, and most rooms have no refrigerator or microwave, but did have a coffee pot. The room appeared to be clean, although I couldn't figure out whether the towels were ecru or just dingy white. The hotel is old and dated. We had trouble flushing our toilet until it finally wouldn't flush at all....it broke. We fixed it and found out it was Jury Rigged in the first place. Breakfast was served in a small room down by the office, or on a patio w/ tables if you prefered. Breakfast was very minimal...no fruit, a few muffins and bread or bagels to toast, cereal, and at the last few days there were gravy & eggs (no meat). There is an indoor pool, and a hot tub that I wouldn't get into. The hot tub looked yellow and had sand in the bottom. The clincher was when we had ONE packet for our coffee in our room w/ 2 people. My roommate wanted coffee in the evening and she uses lots of cream, so she went to the office to get a few packets. The manager (owner?) actually argued with her & said there is ONE in your room and he couldn't give her any more. Since she stayed and continued to express displeasure, he finally asked, "What would it take to satisfy you?" and she replied "4 packets for our coffee". The next morning at breakfast there was no artificial sweetner. When I asked about it, the attendent (very sweet) said she had to run to the office to "steal" some out of the coffee packets!! It's quite obvious this hotel is on a shoestring. The location is the only great thing about it. It is right on the main street and very convenient for walking to all the stores, restaurants, Mackinaw Crossing, piers, etc. There are nicer (and probably more expensive) hotels near the other end of the main street.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends