“Shabby”

Court Plaza Inn & Suites
Ranked #19 of 40 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Reviewed 12 September 2012

We live about 100 miles away and spent one night in September in this hotel. We chose it because it was within walking distance to the theater and a couple of local bars. It was a typical hotel room, with 2 queen beds. The beds were hard, the pillows were thin, the carpets were very dirty, the towels were thin and yellow-tinged, the toilet seat was broken and slid around when you sat on it, the trim in bathroom was falling off, the one amenity (shampoo) was partially used, etc., etc. The room was shabby, at best, and needs to be refurbished. We did not use the pool, but upon looking in, the pool seemed clear, but the hot tub was very yellow and we wouldn't have gotten in it. We tried to get coffee in the morning, but the breakfast room did not open until 7:30 a.m. The breakfast was mediocre. All in all, this was a poor choice and another time we would walk to the theater. The town is not that big and there are much better choices to be had.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank tjcachers

Reviewed 27 August 2012

Stayed here for one night only on a Sunday in August - delighted to find out that we could get a discounted rate for a Sunday night. Typical motel style room but plenty big enough with two queen beds and a decent sized bathroom.
Room was perfectly clean with great free wi-fi - plenty of bars and restaurants nearby which meant that we could stroll out for a couple of drinks and a meal without having to worry about driving.
Breakfast is included which was nothing special but was adequate for our needs.
Very helpful clerk on the desk - would definately stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Reserved an Executive Queen Double and advised clerk what room we were supposed to have. Realized after we came to our room that it was NOT 600 square feet. Next morning went to speak to clerk on duty and advised that I expected a refund for cost difference. He was very accommodating, apologized for mix up, but indicated he could not understand why we were not placed in the correct room. I personally feel like they were trying to get more money for a standard room. Don't think I would ever stay here again, as I do not tolerate dishonesty in business.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank BamTamOK
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Nothing fancy, but for this area, the price was right. Most of the reviews for the Mackinaw City area seem pretty critical so, I was nervous paying at the price point I did. Turned out the location was good and the rooms were if nothing else, acceptable for a night or two. You're right in the middle between the tourist trap area and the bridge/fort area, so that is a plus for this spot. As others noted, the place is dated. The outside and lobby look updated, but the rooms take you back a few decades.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2012

We stayed here for two nights while in Mackinaw City. We booked a 1 queen bed room but was put in a 2 queen bed room which was fine but a little crowded. No microwave or refrigerator which would have been nice but the coffee was better than I've had at other places. The free continental breakfast was a little laced on variety and taste really. Eggs only one morning, sausage, biscuits, cereal and some juice. Bagels, toast and what looked to be French toast you put in the toaster. The lady was in there the whole time cleaning which was good. The front desk personnel where a little rude and NEVER seemed to be around. I had to go to the lobby a few times and always had to ring the bell and they always seemed like I was "interrupting" something when they came out. All in all, the location is perfect for exploring Mackinaw City. I parked the car at 1 pm on Tuesday and never had to move it again until Thursday morning when we left. I may stay there again but think next time I'll spend a little extra money to have a better view of the lake and a better continental breakfast. A good breakfast is worth a few extra bucks in my mind.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2012

My family booked 5 hotel rooms for the same weekend. Two of the rooms checked in a day later and were charged two different prices from the main group. When my mother complained at the front desk, they yelled at her. When I checked out at the front desk, I told them that I didn't appreciate how they treated my mother and that they were going to get a bad review. They threatened to sue me. They even followed me out to the parking lot to threaten me again. Apparently, they don't understand how customer service works. Or freedom of speech!! I would rather pay $50 more a night to stay at a nicer and more pleasant place, and will the next trip we take there!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I came up with friends who booked the room. It is one of the lower priced hotels in the village and I was a bit apprehensive, but in this case, you get what you pay for and it proved to be a fair value. The pillows in the room were a bit hard for me, no HD TV, but the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The free breakfast buffet was below average.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Parkside Inn -  Bridgeside
Parkside Inn - Bridgeside
#17 of 40 in Mackinaw City
Mackinaw Beach and Bay - Inn & Suites

Been to Court Plaza Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!