Court Plaza Inn & Suites
US$124
US$112
Baymont Inn & Suites Mackinaw City(Mackinaw City)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$78
US$85
US$77
ClarionHotels
Best Western Plus Dockside Waterfront Inn(Mackinaw City)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$105
US$93
US$88
Riviera Motel(Mackinaw City)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$146
US$143
US$54
Rainbow Motel(Mackinaw City)
US$54
Clearwater Lakeshore Motel(Mackinaw City)(Great Value!)
US$75
All reviewsroom was cleanmackinac islandexcellent locationwould highly recommend this hotelshort staylarge hot tuba nice place to stayair conditionerstayed for nightsopened the doorsausage pattieswould stay here againferrymoteldockkeyscouch
Reviewed 21 August 2007

Our family wanted to stay in Mackinaw were we could just park our car and walk everywhere. We could not have asked for a more centeral location. The Courtyard Inn and Suites that we stayed in was on the main street in the downtown area. Playground, laser show, and shops were next door, and we had a great time. The room was very clean, affordable, the staff was friendly, and we had a free breakfast. While the kids went swimming, my husband and I relaxed in their courtyard with fountain. All in all, we had a great vacation, when we go back we'll stay at the same place again.

The Caudell's
Ann Arbor, Mi

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank tony548
Reviewed 30 May 2007

You can see immediately that this hotel was newly renovated. It looks very nice on the outside and our room smelled nice and new. The room appeared very clean, but upon getting into bed there was human hair all over our sheets, and also I noticed that the toilet seat was not clean. This was the first thing that had our red flags up about how our stay would go. We had a king bed, and it was the most uncomfortable bed that I have ever slept on. I did not sleep at all that night. Also, our room was quite bare. There was an armoire and a small table, and no other furniture besides the bed in the room. We did not have an iron, coffee maker, hair dryer, or towel racks near the sink. We felt this room really lacked alot for its price compared to other hotels in the area, however, the number one reason we will never return to this hotel was the hair on the sheets and the rock hard bed. We stayed at Days Inn our next night, and were very pleased that for less money than Courtyard we had a comfortable bed in a lakeview room with all the amenities you could need.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank swils07
Reviewed 25 October 2006

Great family owned hotel within walking distance to downtown and all docks! Comfortable rooms and great rates, especially when booked over their website directly. It's not a Marriott, if you are used to Marriott, you'll probably want to stay down the street at fancier hotel, and you'll pay for it in Mackinaw! If you are looking for a modest motel with a good staff and excellent location, this is it.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank andreamcculloch
Reviewed 22 September 2006

I took my elderly parents on a mini-holiday and we stayed 2 nights at this hotel. I did not book on-line because of their poor cancellation policy. With most hotels you can cancel the day of your arrival by 4 p.m. with no penalty. With this hotel they required 72 hours notice. With my parents being elderly I did not want us to have to pay for rooms if we had to cancel at the last minute, so we just "walked in" when we got there the morning of September 19th.

The young man at the counter was very nice and accommodating. At first he quoted us a price of $58.00 for the rooms with 2 queen beds in each. I mentioned the website said $49.00. He said that was if you booked through the web-site but I honestly don't remember reading that on their site. But he was very nice and gave the rooms to us at $49.00 per night and we were very appreciative. It was only 11:30 in the morning and we expected to be told rooms wouldn't be available until later in the afternoon, but we were pleasantly surprised when he said we could have them right away. We were on the ground floor (as we requested, so my parents wouldn't have to take the stairs) and my parents had room 116 and I had room 112.

The rooms were clean and the furnishings looked new, no signs of wear and tear, stains, etc. They seemed a little sparsely furnished, as there were no pictures over the beds, no towel bar by the sink, etc. But still very functional.

The first night was quiet. I don't think I had neighbors on either side of me, or above, or if I did they were very quiet as I didn't hear any noise at all. Very good first night.

The breakfast room was just a few steps away from our rooms, served from 7:30 - 9:30. Not much was offered, basically just bread for toast, English Muffins (I didn't see any bagels), oranges that were cut up in sections, a couple cereal choices (no oatmeal packets), donuts, and donut holes along with orange and apple juice and coffee. A tip jar was prominently displayed in the middle of the counter which I feel is extremely tacky when breakfast is supposed to be "included in the room rate."

Peeked into the pool area, the pool and whirlpool looked nice and there were a few chairs but no loungers.

The second night was the reason I remembered why I don't like cheap hotels. Absolutely no soundproofing in the walls or the ceiling. I heard noises off and on all evening and through the night from people in 114 and people above me were the worst in 112. It was like a thundering herd of elephants. How a person can walk back and forth so much in a small hotel room is difficult for me to understand. I mean, there are only so many places one can go in the room: the bathroom, the table/chairs, or the bed. The creaking noises and foot stomping was terrible. I was awakened at 12:19 by them and I waited a few minutes thinking they were just getting up to use the bathroom and would be settling back down shortly. They didn't and I got frustrated enough to throw my shoes up at the ceiling to let them know they were bothering me. I was wishing I had a broom so I could have used the handle to tap on the ceiling a few times. They finally quieted down, but I was awakened again at 5:00 by the same foot stomping noises. Not a very restful night.

One poor design element in the room was placing the ceiling light right by the window. It would have been more useful to place it above the table. You can't really sit at the table and do any computer work or anything, as there is no light.

The bed was comfortable, and the housekeeping staff was friendly and efficient but due to the lack of soundproofing in the walls and ceiling I will never stay at the Courtyard Inn again.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled with family
2  Thank Chattyaholic
Reviewed 17 September 2006

I called the property directed for reservations for 9/8,9 &10 for two rooms(1 King &1 queen) at the rate of $69 per day. Approximately two weeks later I called for the 7th and the e-mail came back Ok with the same confirmation. When we arrived I was disappointed to find only an updated motor lodge. We had a time getting the rooms we requested and the gentleman(?) told us we were threatening him when we said we would cancel unless we got the king room. They said they were completely booked, but the vacancy sign stayed on the whole 4 days. The room was clean, but very sparsely furnished with no towel rack by the sink, no coffee pot(breakfast was at 8am) and it took me 4 hours and going myself to get an extra blanket. When we checked out I had to called since the office was locked at 7am for a copy of the bill. I checked our credit card and an extra $47.12 was put on the bill without my OK. I will be disputing this. All I can say is the name sounds like one of the Marriott chain and I was not the only occupant that was fooled, but definately did not live up to their expectations.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple