“Great buffet in Mackinaw City”
Review of 'Neath the Birches - CLOSED

'Neath the Birches
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We took 60 travelers to Neath the Birches and the food and service was excellent. Everything was prepared for our arrival and the whitefish and cod on the buffet line were exceptional but everything was wonderful. We would definitely recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Jeannie V
vghjr012, Manager at 'Neath the Birches, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Jeannie V,

I am glad you had such a great time. We try to make sure everything is hot and good on our buffets just like on our regular dinner menu. I hope you will be able to stop back and see us again.

Vern

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We went on a classtrip and they were great. The food was excellent and well prepared.The staff was friendly and searved us promptly.I would reccomend dinning here and would bring my famly back here.

1  Thank samantha n

samantha n,

Thanks for the great review. I hope you will be able to stop in again in the near future.

Vern

Reviewed 28 September 2013

We had our anniversary dinner here tonight. I must admit, when we pulled into the parking lot, I was not impressed. But that was the last time. Our waitress Char was fabulous, very friendly and attentive. In fact, we asked about buying some of their homemade cheese spread to take home and this dear lady chased us down as we were leaving to give us a doggie bag with spread and crackers. The food was excellent, especially the homemade potato salad on the salad bar. My husbands ribs were flavorful and falling off the bone tender. My crab legs were great. When you order a baked potato they bring cheese, sour cream, butter and chives right to your table for you to choose your toppings. Do yourself a favor and don't miss out on this hidden gem!

2  Thank Bertwolf
vghjr012, Manager at 'Neath the Birches, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2013

Bertwolf,

Thanks for the great review. I am glad you stopped in and tried us out. The next time will be even better. Our waitstaff do a great job and I am glad you let her know. Hurry back!

Reviewed 27 September 2013

We stopped on a Sunday and were the only people eating. Waitress never smiled and made us feel unwelcomed. Prime Rib was tasteless and tough. Ribs were OK but old, we guessed from a previous day. Salad bar was the only good thing we experienced. My wife especially enjoyed the apple salad.

5  Thank Paul C

Paul C,

I am glad you enjoyed the Salad Bar, we do have the nicest in town. If you had let the staff know you were unhappy, they would have made you something else. If I am in a restaurant and I don't like the food I normally tell the staff at the restaurant, I don't wait till I get home and then cry about it.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

We recently visited Neath the Birches and everything about them is terrific. Our trip to Mackinaw was to celebrate by husband's 60th bday. I called ahead to get some information and spoke with Jeff. Not only did we have a table waiting for our party of 7 when we arrived but the dinner was excellent and the service was outstanding. Everyone is so accomodating and seems to go out of their way to make the visit enjoyable. After our dinner my husband was presented with a bday cake, candle and all! Thank you for making this a special day for all of us!!

1  Thank g K

G K,

We are very thankful for your wonderful review. We strive to give the best food and customer service to everyone and it was so kind of you to let everyone know that you had such a great time. The next time you come to Mackinaw City, be sure to look us up.