“stayed here a few times now, always great service”

Americas Best Value Inn Mackinaw City
Ranked #28 of 40 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I have stayed here a few times and have always had excellent service. I had a problem one time with my hot tub not working and the manager changed our room and appoligized for the problem. thank you Zach... the rooms are always clean and the breakfast bar is always good.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Zachary C, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Mackinaw City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Thanks for the review, I'm glad I could make you happy and glad you keep coming back. I definitely strive for the rooms to be clean and offer good prices. If there's ever something you need feel free to contact me again any time.

Zach Coonrod

Reviewed 14 July 2013

When we arrived, they tried to charge us again even though we already paid. Apparently their computer system needs upgrading. The room was OK, but very small. The free breakfast was deficient. They don't have marg/butter - go figure. We bought our breakfast the next day. The spa was ice cold. Just down the street were lots of motels with a beachfront. Pick one of those! Plus side - the personnel were very nice.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank NKODIS

I want to first thank you for the review and apologize for the mix when you were checking in. We do offer promise butter for the continental breakfast. Our continental breakfast consist of donut holes, toast, bagels, two kinds of cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, coffee, juice, and for a added hot item we have waffles. I do apologize for the spa not working although it is now working. I do hope you'll consider choosing us again even though we are not right down town, which is why we are also cheaper. If there's anything I can do for you please don't hesitate to contact me.

Zach Coonrod

Reviewed 10 July 2013

We stayed here for the 4th of July weekend and could only stand it for 2 nights. After the second day we check out and found another hotel and they stiffed us on the return for the 3rd night. When I showering the tub backed up and water was brown and nasty. Rooms smelled like mold and mildew. Continental breakfast was OVERRUN with Indians or Pakistanis who took complete loaves of bread and cleaned the food out like a swarm of locust. (I think they were staying 10+ to a room) Pool area is dark and dirty and my son pulled out a towel and swore he found something that resembled vomit on it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank 812mikef812
Zachary C, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Mackinaw City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

I want to first apologize for your stay with us during the 4th of July. I was aware of some of the issues you had during your stay, such as the clogged drain, which we were able to address while you were still here. As for your other complaints, we will address those accordingly. When you checked out, I did refund you the amount of your last night. Unfortunately, if I don't know about something while you are here, I cannot fix the problem.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

pool is cold, dirty , ladders are not even attached to the walls, holes all over and cement coming apart. spa jets do not work , dead bugs in it and the condition is poor. the breakfast is a joke they were out of orange juice, fruit, cream cheese. nothing in web site is true

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank finewine37
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We traveled though Michigan the week of June 20 – 27th and this by far was the worst place we stayed at. The pictures on the website are not accurate at all. Rooms have window air conditioners that do not work. The hot tub is broken along with the lights in the pool area. Pool is not clean and run down. Killed several black ants in the bathroom. The worst part was the night manager who spent 25 min in the pool area talking to my teenage daughter, leaving the front counter unattended. We had a package deal for ferry tickets to Mackinaw Island but had to argue with the night manage to get them to give us the tickets. He kept claiming we did not have “the package deal”. We had the room booked for two nights but left after the 1st due to problems and not feeling safe for my kids. They would not do anything for the second night since we booked online. Nice service!!! Definitely avoid this place.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tim K
Zachary C, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Mackinaw City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Thank you for your review as it helps us to better ourselves. I do apologize for your visit being unsatisfactory. I can assure you that I will definitely look into the matter of my staff arguing with you as that is completely unacceptable. I do see that you booked the package and apologize for the confusion. As to the air conditioner not working I was unaware of a problem and would have been happy to put you in a different room or have maintenance look at it. Our pictures online are accurate except for the trees in the pool room which we did remove as they were old and needed replacing. The pool was repainted this spring and as to the hot tub we are working on the strength of the jets. I do hope that you would consider staying at our place again and let us redeem ourselves as this is not typical. We pride ourselves on clean rooms, friendly service, and safe environments.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank T Aalia S
Zachary C, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Mackinaw City, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Reviewed 21 May 2013

We booked though an online booking company. Glad I brought a copy of my reservation, as they did not have it correctly. They were able to correct it, but thankfully we came early, so that we were able to get the King jacuzzi room that we booked for our anniversary. ( It was the only jacuzzi in working order.)

We booked here in part because it sounded like they had a decent breakfast room. Another recommendation they responded to saying they now had 3 waffle makers... FALSE. (They claimed the two new waffle makers just broke that morning ). It's a cramped room with juice, coffee & small fruit and granola bars available all the time. For breakfast they add mini muffin, a loaf of bread and they have one waffle maker you have to wait for a staff member to make a waffle for you. We ended up leaving & going to the breakfast bar at they cake house down town. (The Clarion had a much better breakfast room several years ago last time I was up.)

Staff was friendly. Location was good for getting to the highway or to the fort/lighthouse. Beds were springy... We did not wake up well rested. Decor is dated & we had to ask to get a remote for the old, boxy tv... We got what $50-$65 would buy in a tourist area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

I would like to apologize for the issues you had during your stay. We strive to make our rooms clean and affordable and try to offer amenities you find at other high priced locations around the area without raising our prices. The breakfast we offer is just a continental breakfast with added waffles, yogurt, cereals and oatmeal; nothing fancy but just something to get you up and ready for the day.

Again, I would like to apologize for your stay and will look into better options for our breakfast area.