“Nice Place”

Ranked #21 of 39 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Iola, Wisconsin, United States
“Nice Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

The rooms were great, the location was perfect, and the breakfast was in the glass building in the center of the parking lot. I like making my own waffles, that was great. I would stay there again. The Arnold Line to Mackinaw Island was just around the corner, within walking distance.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Stephen V
Zachary C, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Mackinaw City, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Thank you Stephan for the the great review and I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that you'll consider choosing us again in the future for your next visit to Mackinaw City. If there is ever anything we can do for you feel free to give us a call.

Zachary Coonrod

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

Battled with wifi entire time. Staff knows nothing. Walked in musty old smell. A/C horrible. No remote for tv. Room telephone doesn't work. So can't call front desk to complain. No microwave. Then went to fill hot tub in our room and jets sput out a horrible smell. Sink is nasty. Regards to swimming pool couldnt walk in cause no lights at all. Empty parking tells you people are smart to not stay here and we wont next time. Saving money on hotels isnt worth it. Overall nothing works.

3 Thank TiVo_pp
I do appoligize for your stay not meeting your expectations and would deffinately like to talk to you about your stay if you wanna call me directly. I would have been happy to try to make things right and do understand that your phone wasn't working and had you stopped up to the front desk my staff would have been happy to assist you in makeing the situation right. We can not fix something if you don't tell us though. Please feel free to contact me directly though so we can discuss your stay and maybe give us a chance to wow you on your next visit.

Travellers are raving about these Mackinaw City hotels

Kent City, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on a motorcycle trip to see the Truck Show in St. Ignace. Got the King Bed Jacuzzi room. Room was beautiful. Comfy bed, nice furnishings. Microwave and fridge, which was nice for reheating the first night's pizza. (Gotta get BC Pizza when in town!) Jacuzzi worked great. A little rusty or at least brownish water came out for a second when I went to fill it, but it never came back. TV was kind of small for the huge room. When it's that far away, it makes it seem much smaller. Found one spider on my nightstand the second night, but that was really the only cleanliness issue I had. Had a nice walkway around the outside of the room. Since I have to step outside to have a cigar, it's nice to have a place to do it. We were able to park the bike where it could be seen from the room. And the hotel was full the second night, and still wasn't noisy. Front desk staff was very professional even though they seemed quite busy. Kind of a hike from the Jacuzzi rooms to the ice machine, but the huge room is worth one or two longer walks, trust me. Two nights in a top of the line room in a tourist town, for $160? Why would you stay anywhere else?

• Stayed September 2013
Thanks for the review and I'm very glad that you enjoyed your stay. I hope that you'll come see us again next year. Truck show weekend is always the same weekend every year and is so much fun. If there is anything more we can do for you feel free to give me a call. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

ridgway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

Desk clerk was closed so they could go to parade .we had to call to get someone to come ck us in.open door to room. HUGE spider on bed! Thin blankets on beds. room needs updated.everything look dated.4 in room only 3 towels. coffee pot, but no coffee.o

1 Thank sherwoodsh
Zachary C, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Mackinaw City, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
I first want to apologize for the stay not being satisfactory and also for the inconvenience when you tried checking in. That is definitely not a typical stay and I do hope that you would consider giving us a chance to wow you by staying here again on your next visit. If there is anything I can do for you or you want to discuss anything with me please feel free to contact me directly at 231-436-5544.

Gould City, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

While being on the less expensive side in Mackinaw City, this hotel was a complete let down from what is shown on their website. We rented a king-size Jacuzzi room for two nights. The first night we walked into a very musty, stale room with small holes in the carpet and pop (or something) all over the inside door. We tried to turn on the AC and it wouldn't work. Front desk clerk tried to contact a maintenance person but was unable to and said she'd send "someone" to our room when she got a hold of them. She didn't know how long it would take. After about 20 minutes, with my head beginning to stuff up from the bad smells in the room, my husband went to the front desk and asked her to switch our room. Which she did. We moved all of our luggage into our new room then tried to catch up with friends at the pool/spa. The pool had no underwater lighting and was NOT heated! The spa/whirlpool was heated but did not whirl (broken). When we went back to our room I had settled in bed with a book when I glanced at the Jacuzzi tub and noticed the 5 inch "scum/soap" line around it. Too late to worry about it I waited until morning. After a completely lacking continental breakfast (waffles and juice with fruit flies around it) I went to the front desk and asked for cleaning rags and a bottle of spray. The front desk clerk (a new one) asked what the issue was and I explained that the tub had a large scum line around it. She stated "well that's gross!" I agreed. One of the cleaning people was getting his cart ready and he said "oh, wait just a second and took the bottle of spray the clerk had handed me". Nice, I thought, he's going to come and clean it for me. But that wasn't the case. He had taken the bottle to their storage area and returned with a full one, handed it to me with a smile and said "here you are - just leave it in the room when you're done and the maid will get it"!! HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! Me, my husband and 11 others were in our group and staying there for the weekend. We will be taking our business elsewhere next time we are in Mackinaw City!

Room Tip: Try a different hotel!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Becky B
Zachary C, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Mackinaw City, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
I apologize that your stay wasn't satisfactory. We did try and make it right by you and was under the impression that everything was fine. I did take the cleaning bottle and go fill it up as you told me several times that you didn't want me the general manager in your room that you wanted to take care of it yourself. I did apologize and as I stated thought that the situation was taken care of. If you'd like to further discuss it with me we can try to make the situation right by you.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

My family rented 3 rooms here over a weekend. The rooms were very damp and musty smelling. Fairly clean, garbage under the bed but mostly outdated.Also, we had no hot water, would have to let it run forever to get it. We were in 2nd floor rooms which was very tough with babies since there is no elevators. We were sad because the pool was disgusting!!! Our kids could not swim. The floor was filthy, lots of rust on everything and mold. Very outdated! The hot tub didn't even work was a tub of hot dirty water and a broken hanging light fixture over it. The pool even had tons of dirt on the bottom! The breakfast is slim pickings as well. I left I'll from the moldy room! Spend the extra bucks and stay in town and enjoy the beautiful city. Saving a few bucks isn't worth it!

3 Thank hilly77
I want to apologize for your stay not being satisfactory. I definitely remember your group as you checked in rooms 219, 220, and 221. I don't like to see any ones vacation ruined. As to the problems you had I would have been happy to address them to the best of my ability had you brought it to my attention or the front desk attention as I can't fix something unless I'm made aware of it. As to the problem of being on the second floor because of you having small children I do apologize but there was no note of a request stating that you would like a first floor room. I do try and always accommodate request to the best of my ability but being that it was a full house I wasn't able to accommodate you. If there is anything I can do for you or you want to discuss the situation more with me please feel free to contact me.

Washington, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

The room was clean and comfortable. No issue like the other reviews. The Wi-Fi signal was very weak (room 209) so we had to use our “HOT SPOT”. It was basically just a place to sleep and to move on. Never looked at the pool or used the free breakfast, I prefer a real breakfast, eggs, bacon, etc. There was a Corvette show going on and that’s way the parking lot was awesome.

Room Tip: If you need wi-fi get a room close to the hot spot.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Zachary C, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Mackinaw City, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Thanks for the review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you'll choose us again. I apologize that the WiFi wasn't working properly and I do assure you it is something that we are working on.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mackinaw City
Hamilton Inn Select - Beachfront
#28 of 39 in Mackinaw City
Baymont Inn & Suites Mackinaw City
Super 8 Bridgeview of Mackinaw City

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Mackinaw City? Share your experiences!