“great room and staff will be back”

Americas Best Value Inn Mackinaw City
Ranked #27 of 39 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Alanson, Michigan, United States
“great room and staff will be back”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

the room was clean and nice. the staff was very friendly and helpfull. the breakfast was great.. i will def stay again thanx. the pool room was clean and nice. we stayed two days and really enjoyed ourselves.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Zachary C, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Mackinaw City, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Thank you Debra for the review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay when you were last here and we look forward to seeing you again. If there's anything we can just let us know. I'm so glad that we could WOW you.
Zachary Coonrod

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Greenville, Michigan
Reviewed 18 December 2013

The room we stayed in was nice and big with a large tub. It was clean and the staff was very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. It is close to the local attractions. We will definately be staying here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CBelle22
Zachary C, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Mackinaw City, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Thanks for the great review and I'm glad we were able to wow you. Its always been our goal to provide great service and clean rooms at an affordable price. I hope that you'll choose us again on your next trip either to or through Mackinaw City. I look forward to seeing you again.

Saginaw, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 7 November 2013

For the price of the room and the location it was worth every penny. The hospitality was a great and they were very courteous in making sure we had towels blankets, and anything else we needed. I definitely recommend it for anyone who is in the mackinaw city area looking for a nice hotel at a bargain price.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you'll choose us again in the future. If there is anything that we can do for you please feel free to contact me directly at my hotel at 231-436-5544.
Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

What an experience. I stayed here a few days ago and I wish I would have avoided Mackinaw City entirely. Front desk was incompetent. I believe he claimed to be the manager. Room was dark, dirty, dusty, dingy..need I say more. TV remote didn't work. Asked for new batteries. Never got them. In 2 days!! Pool/hot tub room smelled awful. Hot tub jets busted. Breakfast room was dirty. Floor. Tables. Countertops. For as many people as I saw running around this place you would think they could get some things done/clean. Please do yourselves a favor and keep going when you see this place.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Ironman2002
Zachary C, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Mackinaw City, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
I apologize that your experience with us was less than what you expected. I do apologize that you didn't get new batteries. I was unaware that you had asked for them. As to your room being dark, dingy, and dusty it was never brought to my attention and I would have been more then willing to correct the situation had I or my front desk been informed. I would definitely like to discuss the situation further with you if you could contact me directly.

231-436-5544
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 1 October 2013

A very nice hotel for the price. We were there for our anniversary and was surprised to find a bottle of champagne and glasses waiting for us when we came back in the evening. Made the weekend very personal and special for us. Easy on and off the expressway makes this a great choice for traveling.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Susan K
Zachary C, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Mackinaw City, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Thanks Susan for the awesome review. I'm so glad that we could make you and your husbands anniversary special. Hopefully we'll see you next year and for many years to come. If there is every anything we can do for you please contact us. Hope to see you soon.

Iola, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 29 September 2013

The rooms were great, the location was perfect, and the breakfast was in the glass building in the center of the parking lot. I like making my own waffles, that was great. I would stay there again. The Arnold Line to Mackinaw Island was just around the corner, within walking distance.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Stephen V
Thank you Stephan for the the great review and I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that you'll consider choosing us again in the future for your next visit to Mackinaw City. If there is ever anything we can do for you feel free to give us a call.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Battled with wifi entire time. Staff knows nothing. Walked in musty old smell. A/C horrible. No remote for tv. Room telephone doesn't work. So can't call front desk to complain. No microwave. Then went to fill hot tub in our room and jets sput out a horrible smell. Sink is nasty. Regards to swimming pool couldnt walk in cause no lights at all. Empty parking tells you people are smart to not stay here and we wont next time. Saving money on hotels isnt worth it. Overall nothing works.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank TiVo_pp
I do appoligize for your stay not meeting your expectations and would deffinately like to talk to you about your stay if you wanna call me directly. I would have been happy to try to make things right and do understand that your phone wasn't working and had you stopped up to the front desk my staff would have been happy to assist you in makeing the situation right. We can not fix something if you don't tell us though. Please feel free to contact me directly though so we can discuss your stay and maybe give us a chance to wow you on your next visit.