“Great service, nice room, but facilities needs some TLC”

Americas Best Value Inn Mackinaw City
Ranked #27 of 40 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This place had great local staff the knows the area and gave great advice on places to eat, best shuttle service to the island etc. they were very accommodating in moving our two rooms to the first floor because they did not have an elevator. For service, you can't beat this place. That said the place needs some TLC to be great. Just the little things like our tub had mineral stains, the pool had a lot of silt, not sure the last time it was cleaned, the hot tub jets do not work, I had to hit the side of our tube tv to get the picture to work. I stress, the place was clean, but just needs a little extra to be great. The breakfast is good, but the little room they service the breakfast from seems dirty because of the empty boxes and mop and bucket that are strewn on the floor and not neatly put away.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Zachary C, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Mackinaw City, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you John I appreciate the review. I definitely try to provide clean safe rooms at an affordable price. We are working on updating the property. We just ordered new linen and are in the process of replacing the old tv's with new flat screens. If you have any suggestions of anything in particular that you would like to see please feel free to let me know.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

My family spends quite a bit of time in Mackinaw in the summers. We always stay at Americas Best. The manager is so friendly and helpful. He always makes us feel welcome. He added fantastic new breakfast food also. We cant wait to come back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank CBelle22

Thank you for the great review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you'll continue to stay with us. If there is anything we can do please let us know.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed from April 30-May2, 2014. The room was clean and the staff was helpful, however, the room was very cold. I would guess around 65 degrees, and I am used to a cool house. i requested and received an extra blanket, but was still cold, especially in the morning. Also, our night was interrupted by the room phone ringing at 2:15 am, blinking the "message" light. Despite repeatedly pressing the "0" button, I was never connected to the main desk, or the message center. The phone continued to ring for about 8 min., until I finally depressed the "0" button for two minutes and the ringing ceased and the blinking went out. When I inquired about the problem at checkout, I was only told that the person checking me out was not on duty at the time. I will not recommend this motel to friends or family.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank beth p

Thank you for the review Beth, I definitely apologize for your stay not meeting your expectations. I'm not sure to why your phone was ringing however we did have our phone tech come out shortly after and look at it. I hope that you'll give us another try and let us show you what we can do.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I was visiting family and stayed at your hotel and Zachary was very helpful in pointing out the changes to the area since the last time I was there your housekeeping was very accommading me as I was a late sleeper. the jacuzzi was great at night to relax and unwind from seeing family I will stay there the next time I'm in the area

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Joyce M
Zachary C, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Mackinaw City, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Thank you for the great review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to WOW you. Clean rooms and great customer service at an affordable price is what we definitely strive for. I hope that you'll choose us again on your next visit either to or thru Mackinaw City. If there's anything I can do for you please don't hesitate to call me directly.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

i stay here for new years and i was very satisfed with the kind careing staff and how clean the rooms was and the service was very good i would recommend my friend's and family to stay here any time i no i will be staying here for now on when i'm in mackinaw city

Room Tip: i would say any room at the america's best value inn
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ricky A
Zachary C, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Mackinaw City, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Thanks for the great review. I'm glad we were able to WOW you and glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope that you'll choose us again on your next visit coming to or just passing through Mackinaw City. If there is anything we can do for you please feel free to contact us.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

the room was clean and nice. the staff was very friendly and helpfull. the breakfast was great.. i will def stay again thanx. the pool room was clean and nice. we stayed two days and really enjoyed ourselves.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Zachary C, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Mackinaw City, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Thank you Debra for the review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay when you were last here and we look forward to seeing you again. If there's anything we can just let us know. I'm so glad that we could WOW you.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

The room we stayed in was nice and big with a large tub. It was clean and the staff was very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. It is close to the local attractions. We will definately be staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CBelle22
Zachary C, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Mackinaw City, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Thanks for the great review and I'm glad we were able to wow you. Its always been our goal to provide great service and clean rooms at an affordable price. I hope that you'll choose us again on your next trip either to or through Mackinaw City. I look forward to seeing you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mackinaw City
America's Best Value Inn
#13 of 29 in Saint Ignace
Days Inn & Suites-Mackinaw City-Bridgeview Lodge
Super 8 Mackinaw City/Beachfront Area

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Mackinaw City? Share your experiences!