“No upgrades”

Americas Best Value Inn Mackinaw City
Ranked #27 of 40 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Stayed in this Hotel with a bus tour August 2014. If I had a car I would have driven away FAST! Rooms were musty, Mattresses lumpy, Towels thin, Pool filthy, Hot tub pump did not work. We survived, but I would have rather been camping. Breakfast room was clean and nice but food was so-so. They obviously aren't going to put any more upgrades or repairs into this property.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Zachary C, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Mackinaw City, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2015

Thank you for the review. I apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory. The pool and hot tub have been taken care of since your stay with us. While you were here our pool and hot tub were actually undergoing repair and closed. If you have any ideas in particular of what you'd like to see for breakfast please let me know as we are always looking for ways to improve.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

We spent four nights here as part of a group tour. This hotel needs some major work to bring it into the 21st century. The rooms are old and depressing, fixtures are very dated. Our room had a large jacuzzi in the middle of the room, it and all of the bathroom fixtures were a light cocoa color. Towels were old and yellowing. Even the addition of a flat screen tv would have been nice, but there wasn't one to be found.

The good part is that the room was fairly clean, although housekeeping needs some work. After leaving the first day we returned to find trash still in trash cans, a wet wash cloth on the shower floor, shampoos were not refilled, plastic cups not replaced, and more. We shared this with the gentleman at the front desk the following morning and he said he would check on it. This was fine, but we would have appreciated some sort of apology but it never came.

Breakfast was typical of what you find offered at any hotel - just stay away from the eggs!

Most of our group were very disappointed with the quality of this hotel. There are several other hotels in the city to choose from and probably at very little additional cost. Do yourself a favor, and look for another option instead of this hotel.

Room Tip: To choose a good room find another hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking time to fill out this review. I'm always looking for ways to improve my hotel. I apologize that there was no apology to the housekeeping issue. The issues shouldn't have happened and it is something that I will try to pay more attention to in the future.

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff and it ends there. Shower head was very low, and shower surround was coming off wall. There was only a sheet and small blanket for bed, and bed was nothing but springs. There were foot prints on the carpet at the end of the bed like someone was electrocuted. Very "Bates Motel." Conitnental breakfast was warmed up microwave food. And we were told you can use hot tub but jets aren't working, super gross.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Zachary C, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Mackinaw City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Jennifer I want to apologize for your stay with us not meeting your expectations. I wish you could've told us about the issues while you were staying with us so we could have fixed the issue or move you to a different room. I unfortunately can't fix something unless it's brought to our attention. Yes we do some of the food for breakfast but I do believe that it is good quality and that we definitely offer a good variety. If you have any recommendations though I would definitely like to hear them as we are always looking for ways to improve.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Spent 3 nights here last week. I thought that I had made a reservation weeks ago....no confirmation...no reservation. Thursday night was available..and as luck would have it when I checked in Friday & Saturday became available.
This Inn is adequate if you're not worried about frills. It could use little updating, new carpet, new bathroom fixtures. But for the price you can't expect the Ritz. Traveling alone, I can tolerate a lot. I'd rather spend my money in other ways when on vacation.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Thanks for the review we definitely appreciate the feedback. I'm glad that we were able to accommodate you during your vacation. If there is anything we can do in the future feel free to reach out to me.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Staff very friendly and helpful. Julie went out for her way to get us reservation at another hotel because I reserved room for wrong dates. Staff helpful with finding attractions and great places to eat. Breakfast was complete with sausage and eggs and French toast.

Room Tip: Railing low on balcony. Poses danger for elderly and someone who drinks.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you Sharon for the great review I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

This is a nice hotel. The rooms were very clean and the service from the front desk was very friendly. Nice location and the way the hotel is set up makes you feel very secure. The breakfast room is nicely located as well. Thanks for everything.

Room Tip: Families should ask for the big rooms with 3 beds.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Zachary C, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Mackinaw City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you so much for the review Shannon I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. I hope that you'll choose us again next time your in Mackinaw City.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Close to downtown without downtown prices. Staff was friendly and helpful. Made room for us to park our trailer and gave us extra blankets and towels without us asking. Have Rooms where clean and breakfast was good, there was sausage and eggs offered with all the regular stuff.

Stayed: August 2014

Tonya thank you for the great review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Providing rooms that are clean, safe, and affordable are what we strive for. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.