Best Western Plus Dockside Waterfront Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Comfort Inn Lakeside(Mackinaw City)
Rainbow Motel(Mackinaw City)
Econo Lodge(Mackinaw City)
  • Room Service
Capri Motel(Mackinaw City)
View Hotel
All reviewsmackinac islandroom was cleanwithin walking distancesausagebreakfast barfirst floorlakeside roomwafflesprivate beachlocation was perfectlake viewgreat place to staygreat roomtwo queen bedsclose to downtownindoor pooldefinitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

Spring for the extra $20 a night for a beach front balcony. It's totally worth it. Access to Lake Huron beach with beach chairs already set up. The room was clean with nice furnishings. The pillows are amazing. They sell them for $15 at the front desk.
Layout of the hotel is a little funky. The breakfast room is on the third floor. You can take the elevator up, but you still have to walk up a ramp and down the hall, then turn right and walk down another ramp to get there(all outside). They make it sound 'amazing' with the description of a 25 foot breakfast buffet. They have the usual stuff. Waffles, doughnuts, cereal and fruit, etc.
The gym and game room are another feat. They are on the 4th floor. You have to take the elevator or stairs to the 3rd floor, walk up a ramp and down the hall and then walk up another flight of stairs at the end of the hall. There are only 2 bikes, 3 treadmills (one of which was broken) and a Bowflex. Website indicated free weights which I did not see. Game room has two pinball machines and that's it.
Parking lot was very full of cars by the weekend and I am unsure if there is actually one parking spot for each hotel room.
Indoor pool and hot tub area were nice and seemed to be clean and maintained. Towels available on pool area.
Right on the strip and close to downtown shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2013
Anna L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dockside Waterfront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 231-436-5001.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

Room was nicely furnished and comfortable, with good desk and recharging terminal for phone and computer. There was a large wall hung TV but the view was the best part. The desk staff were very accommodating. The included breakfast was pretty good in a nice airy bright room on the 3rd floor, though it featured powdered eggs that some of our group objected to.

Room Tip: Lake view is a plus for me. Also if on the 3rd or 4th floor, it's nice to be near the elevator. I was originally given a room without a view or wifi, but when I complained I was given a very nice accommodation.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 231-436-5001.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

We had room with view of lake. Small deck to sit and watch ferry's and other boats. Room was clean and quit. Nice breakfest area with plenty of room for everyone. Food was excellent. Just what we wanted for one night stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vette079

Reviewed 18 May 2013

This is just a beautiful little town. The hotel is right on the lake. The staff are just the best, friendly, kind, and helpful. We stay here whenever we are travelling through Mackinaw City. Would highly recommend it whether travelling as just a couple or with family.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed 16 May 2013

I needed a night's accommodation in Mackinaw City as my plane arrived late and all ferries to Mackinac Island (my destination) had stopped. There's a range of hotels to choose from in Mackinaw City but reviews for Best Western Dockside seem the best so I went with it. I got a room facing the lake and the morning view is certainly quite nice at least. The queen-sized beds were huge and comfortable. Downside was a thick, cloyingly woodsy smell to the room and the carpet which felt sticky and unwashed to the bare feet. The complimentary breakfast provided was standard ok fare, albeit somewhat salty. And the front-desk can call a shuttle to bring you to Shepler's Ferry dock as well. Overall, the hotel is decent enough and value for its prices and the location for a night's stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends