“Wonderful waterfront jacuzzi room!”

Best Western Plus Dockside Waterfront Inn
Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Mackinaw City
“Wonderful waterfront jacuzzi room!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

We did not have a reservation, but the front desk was very helpful with room types and rates. They even had lower rates than online! The front desk agent was polite and helpful. She even informed us of the May Flies! (The flies that were in season when we stayed. Some other reviews discuss these flies. The hotel cannot control nature, but they were nice to inform us that they will be gone in a couple days and they do not bite.) I did not see any flies indoors, and we were there on the peak day for the flies. The room was large and clean. The TV had so many channels! The patio was wonderful and I walked right out to the sand to make phone calls. This was a great stay for a perfect vacation!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Anna L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dockside Waterfront Inn, responded to this review, 29 September 2014
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 231-436-5001.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Dockside Waterfront Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The staff at the front desk were rude or at the very least non-interested each time we approached them. The room #401 was supposed to have a water view however much of it was the parking lot to the ferry with the dormer blocking the beach view on the right side. The bugs were horrible and many of the corpses coated the very small balcony, chairs, table, and glass sliding doors. The bathroom area was not designed for function. The huge wall sized mirror facing the bed was disconcerting. The breakfast was a gelatinous mess....very unhealthy....would liked to have had fresh fruit/yogurt/boiled eggs/good coffee....did end up having bagel with coffee and on the first day some watermelon (only 5 pieces left and the next day brown bananas so beyond the stage to eat that I could not). Having stayed in Traverse City at the Sugar Beach Hotel the same week the Best Western was not a good experience to end our vacation.

2 Thank 325michelinab
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 231-436-5001.

Flushing, United States
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I have been staying at the Best Western Dockside in Mackinaw for years with my family. I have never had a problem until this trip. Our room wasn't ready for an hour and 15 minutes after check in. The staff was rude and not helpful. They acted like we were putting them out by needing our room ready.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Marissa M

White Lake
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Have stayed at this property multiple times over the last 4 years and it is always my first choice as THE place to stay on my return visits. Astounded at the level of room you get for the price. A good nights rest is always on tap as whatever mattresses and/or bedding they use are like sleeping in my own bed. The staff is friendly and the free continental breakfast is top notch.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Roanoke, VA
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Breakfast quality was amazingly poor compared to those facilities with whom Best Western competes. Food selection and quality was disappointing. Overall, feels grubby. Corner room difficult to access. Inclines were difficult to move luggage on cart. Wireless internet was not available during our stay.. There was not a demonstrated ability to deal with the problem ; there were multiple excuses and even suggestions that I did not know what I was talking about. Used two different devices. -- Apple and Samsung and neither connected although two different people told me my devices were not working. They functioned before I arrived ther, and have performed normally since I departed.

Room Tip: Because of design, I am not sure there is a good room. Corner rooms difficult to access. Steep inc...
1 Thank Richard I
Anna L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dockside Waterfront Inn, responded to this review, 30 September 2014

Montgomery
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Excellent accommodations at an excellent price! Room was very clean and the bed was super comfortable. Location was the best for touring the area and enjoying the nightlife. All staff members were very professional. This is an excellent choice!

New Castle, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This area has many, many very good hotels to choose from. They all offer the same amenities, hot breakfasts, beach fronts, indoor pools, etc. We choose Best Western because we are a rewards member and also, because they are located directly across from restaurants, tours, the main street of downtown and entertainment. We go to Mackinaw City and Island twice a year and always end up at this hotel. It's location is the edge that it has over the other hotels.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Best Western Harbour Pointe Lakefront
Comfort Inn Lakeside
Comfort Inn Lakeside
#12 of 39 in Mackinaw City

Been to Best Western Plus Dockside Waterfront Inn? Share your experiences!