“Absolutely charming”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mackinaw City
Brigadoon Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We just stayed there last week on our way to Mackinac Island. The Brigadoon is a well-kept Victorian home which has had a wing added. They did such a good job, you cannot tell the new part from the old. Very nice staff and a great breakfast; special accommodations were made for my gluten intolerance. The room was lovely with a small balcony; nice furniture and linens. We got a special rate which was around $100. Well-worth it. Close to Shepler's Dock if you are on your way to the island.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank heyjudithz
There are newer reviews for Brigadoon Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We happened upon this B&B while traveling through Michigan. The hosts and staff are friendly and welcoming. The location is walking distance to everything you would want. An excellent breakfast and the desserts served at 8 pm are a very nice touch.
The rooms are lovely, you feel like you may have stepped back in time to a location where elegance is the operative word.
We would stay here again, but probably for more than just one night.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 2FourTheRoad
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My wife and I stopped here to do the "tourist thing" of visiting Mackinac Island while on a lower and upper Michigan camping/ Jeep trip. First, I found the staff very friendly and accommodating. I was pulling a small off-road trailer behind my Jeep and I appreciated that they let me park in the B&B’s driveway due to otherwise there was nowhere else to park a vehicle with a trailer. They also provided me with extra soap too!

The breakfasts' were excellent, and the lady that served us seemed like it was very important to her that we enjoyed her cooking (which we did). I also liked that they kept fresh coffee available throughout the day. There are also plenty of places to just hang out, including an upper deck.

The B&B’s location is excellent and just a block away from one of the island ferries, and the rooms were also nice. I was surprised that at the cost of this B&B at how hard the mattress was, including that the pillows were too thick and also hard. Every B&B I’ve ever stayed at has had much more comfortable beds, including even at a Holiday Inn Express. The bed could use a decent mattress pad to give it some comfort and softer pillows, as otherwise I would think twice about staying here again. Honestly after tent camping, I found that my cot, sleeping pad and sleeping bag were more comfortable.

4  Thank grogie
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here for three nights and had an outstanding experience! The room was exquisite (203) with a functioning balcony. The only negative to the room is that it has a queen bed, we would prefer a king. The location is within walking distance to everything and the service was wonderful. The foyer, common areas, and dining room were also very beautiful and nicely renovated. The layout of the place was extremely user friendly-the best of a hotel along with the best of a private bed-and-breakfast. The garden and grounds were also very pretty and well-maintained. We just can't say enough good things about this place except that the food (breakfast and dessert) tasted of rather cheap ingredients.

We just made a reservation to return and requested the very same room. For those interested in an apartment style vacation, They also have an interesting option of a suite with a full functioning kitchen, dining room, living room, bedroom and bath along with the option of an additional bedroom at a nominal cost.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I called Brigadoon later in the afternoon, hoping to find a room. They had a room for us. Dessert is served between 8-9 p.m. We arrived past 9:00, but when I walked in, I was greeted very warmly. The mgr was able to tell that I was happy to finally arrive. She asked if I was ok, then told me to go sit in the dining room for dessert. The cheesecake that was served was still a little warm. The server I believe should've been off, but she served us with a smile.

Our rooms were absolutely beautiful. Breakfast was presented very nicely. I would recommend this B&B to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Sharon K
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Great location as it is very close to downtown shops and restaurants as well as to the Sheppler's ferry line. Charming architecture and lay-out with a nice desert the first night and lovely breakfast in the morning...all in a quaint dining area.

Room was on the top floor and was fine with a small balcony where you could see the bay. Had a bit of a "mothball" smell to the room but it was not overpowering. Pillows could use updating as they were uncomfortable which is why this property did not receive an excellent rating.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here a couple weeks ago. We don't do too many B&B's and after this experience only want to go this route from now on. Our room was gorgeous! Tastefully decorated with heavy, beautiful pieces and fabrics. The bed was super comfy and I loved relaxing in the jacuzzi tub. We arrived late and walking in the door made you think of home as the smell of something delicious wafted through the air. Our brownie sundae was served in a beautiful glass and artfully drizzled with caramel and chocolate and topped with whipped cream and cherry. Dessert before dinner? You betcha!! And we didn't feel guilty one bit! It's only a very short walk to the main street and the staff were all friendly and accomodating. As a travel agent, we've traveled around the world and this was one of our favorite stays! A big thanks to the kitchen staff for the awesome dessert and breakfast! Wish we could have stayed longer!

Room Tip: If you're on a budget-as we were, the room without the fireplace is very worth the value! Enjoy...