“EXCELLENT EXCELLENT EXCELLENT”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mackinaw City
Brigadoon Bed and Breakfast
Saint Charles, Missouri
“EXCELLENT EXCELLENT EXCELLENT”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

This is one fantastic place to stay. The help there is outstanding, the food is superb. It's perfect. If my wife and I could do it, we would live here. In the morning you get a fantastic breakfast. 3 o'clock in the afternoon they serve hot cookies. Around 8 o'clock is dessert time.

If you want to go across to the island, just walk across the street and you will be right there at sheplers ferry. Because you're not staying on the island, the charge to go across to the island is $25 per adult round trip. If you plan on making a couple trips purchase the 2 day package and the first price is $25 per person and the second trip is $16. The two days don't have to be back to back.

Keep in mind, there are specials for the months of May and October. Enjoy your stay.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank bob3868

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed in a "basic" room called The Jenny and we were very happy with our room. It was on the second floor right on top of the stairs. Great size, great price. Breakfast is included. We will stay here every time we are in Mackinaw City.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Islandgirlmoeggy
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We just stayed there last week on our way to Mackinac Island. The Brigadoon is a well-kept Victorian home which has had a wing added. They did such a good job, you cannot tell the new part from the old. Very nice staff and a great breakfast; special accommodations were made for my gluten intolerance. The room was lovely with a small balcony; nice furniture and linens. We got a special rate which was around $100. Well-worth it. Close to Shepler's Dock if you are on your way to the island.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank heyjudithz
London, Canada
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We happened upon this B&B while traveling through Michigan. The hosts and staff are friendly and welcoming. The location is walking distance to everything you would want. An excellent breakfast and the desserts served at 8 pm are a very nice touch.
The rooms are lovely, you feel like you may have stepped back in time to a location where elegance is the operative word.
We would stay here again, but probably for more than just one night.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 2FourTheRoad
Indiana
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My wife and I stopped here to do the "tourist thing" of visiting Mackinac Island while on a lower and upper Michigan camping/ Jeep trip. First, I found the staff very friendly and accommodating. I was pulling a small off-road trailer behind my Jeep and I appreciated that they let me park in the B&B’s driveway due to otherwise there was nowhere else to park a vehicle with a trailer. They also provided me with extra soap too!

The breakfasts' were excellent, and the lady that served us seemed like it was very important to her that we enjoyed her cooking (which we did). I also liked that they kept fresh coffee available throughout the day. There are also plenty of places to just hang out, including an upper deck.

The B&B’s location is excellent and just a block away from one of the island ferries, and the rooms were also nice. I was surprised that at the cost of this B&B at how hard the mattress was, including that the pillows were too thick and also hard. Every B&B I’ve ever stayed at has had much more comfortable beds, including even at a Holiday Inn Express. The bed could use a decent mattress pad to give it some comfort and softer pillows, as otherwise I would think twice about staying here again. Honestly after tent camping, I found that my cot, sleeping pad and sleeping bag were more comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank grogie
Plymouth, Michigan
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here for three nights and had an outstanding experience! The room was exquisite (203) with a functioning balcony. The only negative to the room is that it has a queen bed, we would prefer a king. The location is within walking distance to everything and the service was wonderful. The foyer, common areas, and dining room were also very beautiful and nicely renovated. The layout of the place was extremely user friendly-the best of a hotel along with the best of a private bed-and-breakfast. The garden and grounds were also very pretty and well-maintained. We just can't say enough good things about this place except that the food (breakfast and dessert) tasted of rather cheap ingredients.

We just made a reservation to return and requested the very same room. For those interested in an apartment style vacation, They also have an interesting option of a suite with a full functioning kitchen, dining room, living room, bedroom and bath along with the option of an additional bedroom at a nominal cost.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I called Brigadoon later in the afternoon, hoping to find a room. They had a room for us. Dessert is served between 8-9 p.m. We arrived past 9:00, but when I walked in, I was greeted very warmly. The mgr was able to tell that I was happy to finally arrive. She asked if I was ok, then told me to go sit in the dining room for dessert. The cheesecake that was served was still a little warm. The server I believe should've been off, but she served us with a smile.

Our rooms were absolutely beautiful. Breakfast was presented very nicely. I would recommend this B&B to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family