Super 8 Mackinaw City/Beachfront Area
Ranked #25 of 40 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Reviewed 2 October 2013

No ironing board, no iron, no microwave (all were said to be included in room description). TV was constantly blurred. Air did not work well, room was very humid. Was not impressed by breakfast buffet, very limited, went to a restaurant instead. Have definitely stayed in nicer hotels, but this was clean and considering the price we paid for the prime location, I would do it again. Staff was very nice.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Not the best hotel I have stayed at. Property would have to be renovated before I eould consider staying again. Vinyl in bathroom was damaged, window sill was dirty in bathroom, and the TV was old with a horrible picture. The beds were very comfortable however.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Reviewed 20 September 2013

We stayed here over Labor Day weekend. It was a nice area. We did receive a room on the lake front. They had first gave us a room that was not ready. But we did end up with a room on the lake. They were very sorry for the mistake. The staff was very friendly. Would we stay her again? I am not sure. There is a Best Western next day. But they were full.

Room Tip: Even though there was just 2 of us. We did get a room with 3 queen beds. It was nice and big for big...
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

Made reservation 2 weeks aheas of time. Received confirmation foe a King Jacuzzi room on the courtside. The room was a little bit cheaper that way. When we arrived, we were told our room was not available. There was no explanation as to why either! Altho the girl at desk was pleasant she really didnt seem to know too much and said that when the young man was finished with the other customers she needed to ask him what was going on. So I could hear what she was asking him and she asked him "why wasnt the 'boards' updated...again? This always happens". So..thw man just shrugged and NOT speaking to me said to the girl "well, we can call around to see if another place has availability for same room and same rate, unless they want a regular room and switch on Monday when their room is avail". But hw just got on phonw and began calling several places. He found that Fairview Inn had a King Jacuzzi Lakeview for same rate. So...we headed to Faiview Inn. What a dump! We managed to stay in the filth for 2 days and had to leave. I havw tries twice to get a response from Super 8 but have not heard anything. After leaving Fairview we went to Best Western Dockside...so we lost some money due to having to pay another hotel and being told at Fairview, when I told the young man at desk when leaving, that we were leaving due to the room being filthy, bugs everywhere (i know there are nats and spiders near the water, but to have to swat them away while trying to watch tv or kill them from the bathroom mirror because there were so many) having to go buy Scrubbing Bubbles and paper towel to clean vanity, toilet and tub, thar the deadbolt on balcony door did not work and the screen on balcony door only being propped up againt the glass door and only one filthy chair on balcony, crumbs all over carpet and the room smelling bad, the man just said "well, you will still be charged for all of today then". I understand he is only an employee but really..not an 'Im sorry' or 'would you like to speak with the manager/owner?" Instead of arguing the charges with him I decided to just deal with my credit card company..much easier. But..still waiting to hear from Super 8, to which I blame for all this mess!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Location was great-close to restaurants and stores plus the water front was just a step away from our patio. The room was showing some "ware" that needed to be attended too. Our toilet plugged shortly after we checked in and after a call to front desk, the custodian came and fix it within a few minutes. He wasn't very friendly and tracked dirt and sloped water on bathroom floor. Not too professional. We didn't eat the free breakfast as this was our third morning on the road and was getting tired of the same "motel" breakfast. Young lady at front desk when we checked in was very friendly on phone when I called to check on price, but after I tried to hang up, she offered me a much lower price and when we went to check in, she offered to upgrade our room to waterfront for no additional cost.
A good cleaning and scrubbing would help tremendously in the rooms. Pool and hot tub area was clean and towels were available. Super 8 was for the price a good deal-but just do some serious CLEANING!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

Manager at front desk was very rude. Asked for extra towels and a pillow and didn't get any. Our phone in our room didn't work ask for it to be fixed the manager asked me is it really that important? Yes I say it's what we paid for. Well it will take a week to get it repaired. Then sauna didn't work. I feel the manager on duty which was there daily needs to work on his customer skills look out for this guys he doesn't seem to take his eyes off the computer much at all and it isn't work related I'm sure

• Stayed: September 2013