“Great stay with the family!”

Clarion Hotel Beachfront
Ranked #21 of 40 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My husband and I came here for an overnight stay the end of June with our two kids. We were very happy to find that our room was clean, and roomy. There were plenty of pillows and extra blankets. The beds were comfortable, and the room had a newer flat screen television.The staff was very friendly. Even before our stay I received a call to clarify a request I made when I booked online and the gentleman who called was very nice, and genuinely seemed to care about our stay. The kids played in the pool and the beach was just a few steps away. We had a great water view as well. The included breakfast had a lot of choices, including making our own waffles. The price was a great value, and we will definitely stay here when we come next time! Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Tissy125

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

After reading all of the reviews, you people are too critical! Our lake view 4th floor room is amazing. The room is clean and has a vaulted ceiling. The balcony has two chairs and a little table and are just fine. The bathroom is big and the shower is great! It has plenty of water pressure and is big. The vanity is big as well. The pool and hot tub area is clean and nice. I will stay here again as I have no complaints.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank ErinHartGroves
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on June 2014. Location was perfect, close to Mackinac Bridge and the downtown was just under 2 miles away. The breakfast was OK compared to other hotels I have stayed across US. Swimming pool was wonderful, sufficient in size, facilities, and temperature. My kids loved to swim for hours there. We had no problem with bugs, they were everywhere outside but only 1 came inside the room when we opened the door. Bugs have invaded MC, so nothing they can do about it. Beach was small and we did not swim there since the temperature was not warm enough. Our room was clean enough with big flat screen TV and good size bathroom. The reason I gave 3 star for this particular hotel is because we got one fold-away bed in our 2 queen bed-room. This was very disappointing since the mattress on the fold-away was hard and uncomfortable. I may come back to this hotel while I am in MC but I will make sure that I get 'real' beds in my room.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms with fold-away beds
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank dwir888
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Compared to other hotels in this area, this one is one of the better. Most hotels in Mackinaw City are older, and the pools in all of them show it. To me, I felt this was the best bet and it truly was. We stayed at the Holiday Inn 2 weeks prior and this one was nicer. Save money by booking a room not facing the beach. Unless of course you wanted that. Take your bikes with you to save on driving. We had a great time. Go to Darrows restaurant. Best in town. The pies are amazing there as well!

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room book one of the top rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank angelanmu
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I think it's only fair when reviewing hotels that you compare them to other options in the area vs. ever hotel you've ever stayed at. If you do it this way, this hotel stands out above many of its competitors in Mackinaw City. The rooms are nicer, newer, cleaner, cheaper and the facility has more perks than many others in the city. I've stayed here 3 times and have been quite satisfied every time. This time, the Clarion saved me from a horrible experience at the Super 8 just down the road. I actually checked out of the Super * after checking in and moved down the street to the Clarion, My family were very happy with the move and told me I should have just booked it in the first place. They were right. Don't hesitate to book a stay at this facility. It is much better than the other choices

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank mcjmn
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We normally stay at another hotel and decided to try something different. We arrived and went to our room to find out how small the room was and wondered about the desk? We realized the second bed was a fold away and as we began to put it up that was the desk but it also showed us that the housekeeping did not clean underneath the bed as there was a child's toy and tissue under the bed. Most of the secure clips that hold the bed are broken so we put the bed back down so no desk for us. The lack of outlets to plug in cell phone, kindle etc were non existent and found only one in the bathroom. There was a refrigerator and microwave on top of one another on top of a piece of stained plywood with signs of wear very noticeable. We noticed the furniture had a lot of scratches on them and that the lighting was very poor. Lastly the one outlet that they had an adapter on it and had a total of 4 things plugged into it. The air conditioner had no wall plate to cover the plug which we thought was strange. Overall we would not stay here in the future. Small room, not well cleaned, poor lighting and no desk and one outlet we could see were reasons we would not be a return customer.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank traveler0008
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Drove from Munising to Mackinaw City on the evening of July 7th. Arrived around 10pm. Tried checking into the Hamilton but they were booked. They called around and found us a room here. We were pleasantly surprised and extremely satisfied with our beach front room. Our balcony had two chairs and a great view of the beach. We sat on the balcony watching the Mackinaw Island ferry boats coming back to their docks. I received a Sam's Club discount on the room. The area brings you back to a time when life moved at a slower pace. The staff here was very polite. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014