My family and I checked in to this hotel Thursday may 1. We arrived late about 10pm. We reserved a suite with two rooms. When we entered the room it was freezing cold and the heat did not work in one room. The staff had to bring a space heater it was 58 degrees in the room all night. The other rooms heater worked but shut off sometime in the night. At 3am we were woke up to the smoke alarm beeping as the batteries had not been changed. The rooms were old and in need of alot of updating. Breakfast was advertised but Friday morning we were told that we would have to travel down the street to another hotel for breakfast. Friday we bought muffins doughnuts ect for breakfast Saturday morning only to find out that breakfast was up and running Saturday morning. After of course they had closed the breakfast down for the day. We had looked forward to using the hot tub in the pool area only to find six yes that's right six discarded used band aids scattered around the hot tub area. The pool looked clean but we were not taking any chances. We only had hot water in one bathroom for some strange reason. The staff were ok but I have experienced much more hospitable staff at lower rated motels. My wife and I have stayed in the mackinaw area up to three times a year for the last twenty two years staying at several of the hotels motels on the water. I have to say this place has a long long way to go to providing guest satisfaction.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Super 8 Bridgeview of Mackinaw City is the only fully log cabin hotel in Mackinaw City. The Super 8 Bridgeview is conveniently located directly across from a thousand feet of beach on beautiful Lake Huron right at the base the spectacular Mackinac Bridge and the Straits of Mackinac, where Lake Michigan and Lake Huron meet. We have bridgeview and lakeview rooms with private balconies so you can enjoy Mackinaw City's natural beauty. Colonial Michilimackinac and Old Mackinac Point Lighthouse, two of Mackinaw City's treasured historical attractions are within 500 feet of the hotel. Downtown Mackinaw City shopping and restaurants are located just a few blocks south of the hotel's excellent location. Enjoy a drink at the historical Dixie Saloon or O'Reilly's Irish Pub & Restaurant just moments from the hotel, a free nightly video light show inside Mackinaw Crossings, and free concerts in Conkling Heritage Park. Mackinac Island ferry service is also within easy walking distance from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Super 8 Bridgeview of Mackinaw City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 Mackinaw City/Bridgeview Hotel Mackinaw City
- Super 8 Bridgeview
- Mackinaw City Super 8
- Mackinaw City Super Eight