Super 8 Bridgeview of Mackinaw City
Comfort Inn Lakeside(Mackinaw City)
US$84
US$82
Baymont Inn & Suites Mackinaw City(Mackinaw City)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$101
Thunderbird Inn(Mackinaw City)
US$69
US$66
US$84
Mackinaw Beach and Bay - Inn & Suites(Mackinaw City)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$87
Best Western Plus Dockside Waterfront Inn(Mackinaw City)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$86
Travelocity
Lamplighter Motel(Mackinaw City)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewslog furniturewould stay againgreat view of the bridgebreakfast areanice place to staybeds were comfortablerickcaldwelllighthouselakeferry
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights. Staff very friendly.They answered all our question about the city ect. Rooms clean and decor was different from traditional motel rooms. Headboard, table & chairs, dresser were made from logs (very cabin like feel). Located just behind the light house, close to the 5 mile bridge. Walk across the street & you are on the shore of the lake. Just a 5min drive to all the shops and restaurants.Great price for what you get.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bshalk
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I had a Love/Hate experience. On a positive note the hotel was very clean. We stayed for 3 nights and the room was always fresh and clean when we returned. The room was quiet and I slept very well all three nights.

On the down side, "Bridgeview" is a bit of an exaggeration. You'll notice only one picture on the website and that isn't of a room. Our room was very small. The vent fan in the bathroom didn't work. The lamp that should have been plugged into the wall switch was plugged into an unswitched outlet with the result that you had to walk across the room to turn on a light and the cable box was plugged into the switched outlet. I corrected that problem myself. Speaking of cable the TV was an old tube type with the 4:3 aspect ratio but the broadcast was (I assume) 16:9 with the result that the edges of the screen were cut off. The pool was too full and the skimmers couldn't pull off floating hair and other things. In the sauna the air wasn't working so no bubbles.

Overall I'd like to say I didn't like the place but as I stated above...I slept really well.

Room Tip: Call them and tell them you want one of the (there are only 4) Bridgeview Rooms
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chuckwb47
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Pro- The hotel is across the street from the straights. The pool is like bath water. The hot tub is wonderful. There is hard boil eggs on the breakfast bar.

Cons- The owner of this hotel either does not know or does not care that maintenance is lacking. When we arrived on 06/15/2014 our toilet was blocked up. I went to the desk and they assured me that the problem would be fixed when we returned from lunch. It was not. This was a sign of things to come. Once I went and bought a plunger to fix the problem myself (9pm). I noticed that air unit in the main room did not work. Again I went to the front desk. Again I was told that it would be taken care of in the morning. Two days later we were still opening the window to cool off the room. On the night before we left I went to use the pool restroom and found it block and still had BM floating. I went to use the pool phone to call the front desk, surprise the phone did not work. I went to the desk and I was asked not to walk thru the hotel in my wet suite. I told them that the toilet need care I was told again that they would be taken care of in a few minutes. Twenty minutes latter it was still the same way. My children had to walk to our room to use the restroom. Again on the night before we left my wife went to use the washer and dryer. She put money in the vender to get soap. Surprise there was not soap. The manager told me that the vender should have been unplugged and I was asked why did we use the vender. "We have all you need at the desk" They could not even plunge the toilet why would I ask for washing soap? Upon check out I found out the three families own most of the hotels in the area.

I gave the hotel a rating of 2 only for location and the pool. My family will NEVER stay at this hotel or any hotel owned by this family again. Even if it is free. On our next trip to Mackinaw we will rent a room in another city and drive in to town.

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite room 107. They do have two rooms with king bed and two queens. But I would sleep in your car verse staying here.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank pp125
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at this Super 8 for the first night of a 20 year wedding anniversary celebration. We arrived rather early on a Friday (several hours prior to the advertised check-in time) to 1.) confirm our reservation for that evening and 2.) pick up pre-paid vouchers for the ferry, lighthouse and Fort Mackinac. I found the agents at the front desk to be pleasant and attentive, and they were able to answer all our "touristy" type questions. A brief conversation with the front manager revealed that he had family that lived in the same neighborhood. Small world stuff. Without asking, he assigned us a wonderful, upgraded room on the third floor. The view of the bridge was spectacular from our balcony. I have stayed at many Super 8's across the nation so I know what to expect from this chain in regards to the accommodations. Our room was clean and neat, and we had everything a reasonable traveler could ask for. I feel certain that were I to require anything else, it was only a phone call away. I would stay here again if I were in the area. It's on the leading edge of town, so you are a very short distance from the ferries, shopping and MC eateries. Your room pass-cards allow you to get discounts from several of the local restaurants which is a nice perk. The free continental breakfast is standard Super 8 fare. Yes, there was an attendant that was dutifully refilling and monitoring the breakfast items, and for good reason. I've seen uncaring, selfish travelers fill their pockets and purses with food items that essentially leaves those arriving later with nothing. In a world full of "tip jars", a dollar and smile goes a long way in an area where tourists come and go in a constant flurry of activity. We were treated very well here, but I usually get back what I put out. Thanks, Super 8, for a great room and value.

Room Tip: Always ask the agents for their opinion for which room has the best view. Rooms on lower floors and those by the pool, vending, ice machines or elevators will be noisier. This Super 8 has an elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple