“I guess we had a good room?”

Super 8 Bridgeview of Mackinaw City
Ranked #18 of 40 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We changed our trip itinerary and booked this motel at the last minute based on price and location. After booking, we read many of the reviews on Tripadvisor and hoped for the best. When we arrived the desk staff was very polite and friendly. Our room was clean and the rustic decor was an interesting touch. We stayed for 2 nights and had a comfortable stay. However, the breakfast room was toooo small for the number of guests using it both mornings. Breakfast was okay (hardboiled eggs for protein) waffle maker, cereal, white or wheat bread, 3 kinds of juice (white grape???) and coffee, tea, or milk. Interestingly, there was a jar marked "Tips are appreciated".
I don't think anyone appreciated the tight table set up.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Was a little unhappy when I checked in, the person checking me in seemed more interested in helping a guest who was being helped by another employee. Otherwise, the staff was helpful and the rooms were clean. I could hear the people in the room next to us, which was a little annoying. Aside for listening to the neighbors in the evening, I enjoyed my stay. The hotel is close to the beach/bridge and it is only a short walk to shopping and dining. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I was misled by pictures and the website that this was a newer hotel. They might have updated the facade of the hotel but the rooms have hideous 70s decor and smell stagnant from old smoke. Furniture was broken and cobwebs every where. Also I found out after the fact that I paid premium price for my room for a lake view which essentially was a view of the hotel across the street and then the lake. Don't waste your hard earned money on this place!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Sissy B
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I stay here quit often. We love to walk across the street and watch the sunset on Big Mac. Its a short, three block walk, to the downtown shopping and resturant. This last visit we did have a weak shower head and a slow draining bathtub, however, we realy enjoy the continental breakfast, the cleanliness and location of this Super 8.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Nantieau
Reviewed 3 July 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights. Staff very friendly.They answered all our question about the city ect. Rooms clean and decor was different from traditional motel rooms. Headboard, table & chairs, dresser were made from logs (very cabin like feel). Located just behind the light house, close to the 5 mile bridge. Walk across the street & you are on the shore of the lake. Just a 5min drive to all the shops and restaurants.Great price for what you get.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bshalk
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I had a Love/Hate experience. On a positive note the hotel was very clean. We stayed for 3 nights and the room was always fresh and clean when we returned. The room was quiet and I slept very well all three nights.

On the down side, "Bridgeview" is a bit of an exaggeration. You'll notice only one picture on the website and that isn't of a room. Our room was very small. The vent fan in the bathroom didn't work. The lamp that should have been plugged into the wall switch was plugged into an unswitched outlet with the result that you had to walk across the room to turn on a light and the cable box was plugged into the switched outlet. I corrected that problem myself. Speaking of cable the TV was an old tube type with the 4:3 aspect ratio but the broadcast was (I assume) 16:9 with the result that the edges of the screen were cut off. The pool was too full and the skimmers couldn't pull off floating hair and other things. In the sauna the air wasn't working so no bubbles.

Overall I'd like to say I didn't like the place but as I stated above...I slept really well.

Room Tip: Call them and tell them you want one of the (there are only 4) Bridgeview Rooms