“Great fish selection at a fair price.”
Review of Masters Restaurant

Masters Restaurant
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Great fish selection at a fair price.”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I have been hearing about this place for some time and decided to finally check it out. Some friends and I were hungry for some seafood so we looked up their menu online. We liked the menu choices so we decided to go. It is easy to find basically on the corner of 13 Mile and Dequindre. We went here on a Friday night right at supper time and we were greeted once we walked in the door and shown right to our table. There are two floors to this place that have a comfortable homey feeling about it. Our waiter was very punctual and polite. I had crab stuffed mushrooms as an appetizer and they were yummy. I then ordered the flounder stuffed with crab meat and it was divine. There was a live piano player playing music while we were there. The menu has anything from steaks to seafood and sandwiches to salads. All of this at a very affordable price and in a relaxing atmosphere. I will add this place on as a regular stop.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Kyle L

Sterling Heights, Michigan
“Avoid the Surf and Turf”
Reviewed 29 June 2013

My wife and I decided to go to the Master's last night for dinner. We had been there several times before and thought that it was a good value. We decided to splurge and both of us ordered the Surf and Turf. When the meal arrived the lobster was coated in so much seasoning that you couldn't taste the lobster. We both sent ours back to the kitchen as inedible and asked to have lobsters without all of the heavy seasoning.
It took quite awhile to get the lobsters back and we had finished all of our other food (the steak wasn't very good either, but it was cooked Medium as I had requested so I geve them some points for trying). When the lobsters finally got to the table they had no seasoning as we had requested. We then found out why there was so much seasoning on the first lobsters--the second ones were absolutely tasteless. Even drowned in butter we couldn't make them taste good. All-in-all a horrible meal.
We later related our experience to one of our friends and she said that on her last visit to the Master's she had the same problem with the Surf and Turf--tasteless and tough.
So, if you do decide to go to the Master's for dinner sometime, take my advice and do NOT order the Surf and Turf. Have a hamburger instead and you will be much happier at far less cost.

• Visited June 2013
Warren, Michigan, United States
“A frequent stop”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Great steaks, lamb chops and perch, as well as most items featured. The Cromwell is an excellent sandwich. Usually sit in the lounge area or at the bar and the service is great. Prices are reasonable. Friendly servers and bar help. Live music on certain nights makes for an upbeat evening.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Dolores P
Fraser, Michigan
“Good Meal”
Reviewed 11 February 2013

The decor is all golf, of course. With two floors to the restaurant it is quite roomy and comfortable feeling. Many golf items on display in an interesting way. The food was good with clam chowder available. The Prime Rib was delicious as well as the fish. Our dessert was wonderful. Our wait staff was attentive and swift. Great experience.

• Visited February 2013
Montana
“My first visit and it was great!”
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Just made a quick business trip to the Detroit area. Had dinner here and it was really good on a number of levels...very welcoming, interesting and warm interior and decor (although the second floor lay out is just odd), very attentive service, live music, and good food. I took our waiter's recommendation and had the lamb chops. I might have been the happiest diner in our group! If I died never eating lamb again, I would be happy that this was my last lamb meal. The chops were exquisite. The prices are really incredibly reasonable,,,,in fact, I don't see how they keep the doors open. My Caesar salad was just ok...but that lamb was truly special. I don't know the restaurant history or the Master's tie in but I enjoyed this dinner.