“Fair at best.....nice place / great service / food - not so good”
Review of Masters Restaurant

Masters Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We recently attended a small anniversary party at Masters.

The service was great. The main waitress we had hustled her butt off. It's unfortunate that the gratuity was included in the bill. Many of the people in our party merely tipped the 18% which was included in the bill. It ended up costing our wonderful waitress. We gave more because she did such a stellar job.

The restaurant itself is quite clean and nice. We liked the appearance.

The food was pretty rough. I had veal parm which came with spaghetti. The sauce was very bland and not tasty. The veal itself was pretty good, but the cheese was pretty basic and nothing special. I really had a hard time eating it. I had cole slaw which was dreadful.

We also ordered a seafood appetizer plate. It was bad. The items (shrimp, clams and calamari) were just heated frozen food stuff. The calamari was disgusting and extremely fishy. Avoid this at all costs.

The prices were sort of high for the food that was delivered.

It seems to me that this place tries real hard to be something special, and the food just isnt.

The food here is just ok at best.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Three for dinner on a Monday evening. Have eaten here three times and have always had a good meal with good prices. Dressed up for Christmas and the interior is very interesting with a golf motif (the Masters). Two floors and a cozy setting. It looks like they have a regular clientele. it is not five star dining, but we enjoyed the Ahi Tuna, Filet and the porterhouse. Porter house was cooked as asked, but a thinner piece of meat, you couldn't find. Tender and ate every bite. Service was ok, but could have been more attentive. Good menu selection. Will return.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I have been hearing about this place for some time and decided to finally check it out. Some friends and I were hungry for some seafood so we looked up their menu online. We liked the menu choices so we decided to go. It is easy to find basically on the corner of 13 Mile and Dequindre. We went here on a Friday night right at supper time and we were greeted once we walked in the door and shown right to our table. There are two floors to this place that have a comfortable homey feeling about it. Our waiter was very punctual and polite. I had crab stuffed mushrooms as an appetizer and they were yummy. I then ordered the flounder stuffed with crab meat and it was divine. There was a live piano player playing music while we were there. The menu has anything from steaks to seafood and sandwiches to salads. All of this at a very affordable price and in a relaxing atmosphere. I will add this place on as a regular stop.

1  Thank Kyle L
Reviewed 29 June 2013

My wife and I decided to go to the Master's last night for dinner. We had been there several times before and thought that it was a good value. We decided to splurge and both of us ordered the Surf and Turf. When the meal arrived the lobster was coated in so much seasoning that you couldn't taste the lobster. We both sent ours back to the kitchen as inedible and asked to have lobsters without all of the heavy seasoning.
It took quite awhile to get the lobsters back and we had finished all of our other food (the steak wasn't very good either, but it was cooked Medium as I had requested so I geve them some points for trying). When the lobsters finally got to the table they had no seasoning as we had requested. We then found out why there was so much seasoning on the first lobsters--the second ones were absolutely tasteless. Even drowned in butter we couldn't make them taste good. All-in-all a horrible meal.
We later related our experience to one of our friends and she said that on her last visit to the Master's she had the same problem with the Surf and Turf--tasteless and tough.
So, if you do decide to go to the Master's for dinner sometime, take my advice and do NOT order the Surf and Turf. Have a hamburger instead and you will be much happier at far less cost.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

Great steaks, lamb chops and perch, as well as most items featured. The Cromwell is an excellent sandwich. Usually sit in the lounge area or at the bar and the service is great. Prices are reasonable. Friendly servers and bar help. Live music on certain nights makes for an upbeat evening.

1  Thank Dolores P