“Good but not gourment”

Masters Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 October 2014

We had dinner with friends here the other night. One of our friends has a lot of food allergies and the restaurant makes a wonderful Salisbury steak that she can easily enjoy and that is smothered in onions. Her husband had a perch dinner, five breaded fillets and a twice-stuffed baked potato, good but rather pricey. My wife had a Hawaiian style mahi mahi with pineapple and rice and sweetened vegetable and she liked it. I started with a very glutinous clam chowder (not too many clams), broiled swordfish that was dripping in butter, and a side of tomatoes and beans except there were not a lot of tomatoes to say the least. Nice as a substitute for cooking your own supper and very popular but not a gourmet experience.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Masters has been around for around 30 years. It hasn't changed much in those years. Not a place you plan on going to for a night out. More of a "I'm hungry, let's run up to the Masters". Good menu that covers all your likes. Nice fish menu. The apps are a little weak. I'll usually get a French dip sandwich or the Prime Rib. Outside is a little worn. Always looked like a fancy place that wasn't. Nice clubhouse atmosphere on the inside with all the golf pictures. Bar is good. I've stopped sometimes just for cocktails and conversation. Just don't raise your bar too high when you go. I've eaten there 10-12 times including just recently. Will go back again at some point I'm sure. Also, prices are very reasonable!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We held the rehearsal dinner for my son's wedding at The Masters Restaurant and couldn't be happier. We brought in our own flowers and cake and Masters took care of EVERYTHING. The food and drinks were delicous, and the food portions were generous. The staff arranged the flowers on each table for us, and they cut and served the cake we brought in. Service was attentive. We had our own private room. This entire dinner was arranged with ease from Florida. I would highly recommend The Masters for a dinner or a banquet.

3  Thank DebRon911
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I am not one to write reviews, generally, but I had such a nice experience at the Masters that I wanted to be sure to share it.

I had never even heard of the restaurant, but I'm definitely glad to know about it now. I'll definitely return. The décor is golf-themed, and the look and feel of the restaurant reminded me of Steak & Ale, which we used to go to a lot when it was still in business. Our waiter was very attentive and ready to please. The food is reasonably priced and quite tasty. I had the Hawaiian chicken and my husband had the orange roughy. Both meals were very filling.

A band started to play music on the main level (we were seated upstairs) partway through our meal. They were very good and enjoyable to listen to.

Overall, I left feeling very good about the entire experience at the restaurant, and I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a nice night out for a reasonable price.

3  Thank Beth R
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I've been here twice with family from the area who come here often. They know how to handle a large group. Everything from the service to the atmosphere is wonderful. I thought the food was really good and the price is great. I look forward to coming here again!

2  Thank tlchippy