“simple room for a simple night”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Madison Heights
Reviewed 19 March 2011

My husband and I had a wedding on that side of town and just wanted a cheap place to stay that was comfortable. This hotel (motel?) met that requirement. It was obviously an older facility, but we weren't looking for a 5 star hotel. The price was perfect, you couldn't ask for a better deal!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 February 2011

Stayed here for Valentines day getaway and got home the next day and could'nt stop itching, came to be revealed that the infestation of SCABIES had occurred from the room #316. Required exstenive treatment for two days and treating my furniture,clothing and bedding. What a night mare. NO NOT stay here!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2010

I have been booking multiple rooms at this motel for quite a few years. We only stay here because the price is right and we are only in the room long enough to sleep and shower. Last year when we stayed here, were were told that the filthy carpets would be replaced in time for our trip this year. They weren't. You have to wear shoes, otherwise you will ruin your socks as the rugs are so filthy. At about midnight on Saturday night, our toilet backed up and ran all over the floor. I called the front desk and asked for a plunger and towels and Tom told me he couldn't leave the office to help me that I would have to come to the office for my own plunger. When I got to the office, he told me that he still couldn't leave the desk and that I would have to get the plunger myself (out of the men's room, and I am a woman). He would also only give me 2 towels to wipe up the floor. He also told me that it was not his job to deal with the plumbing problems, so I can only assume that it was my job as a paying customer. We then proceeded to get into a shouting match. When my friend stepped in and tried to talk to Tom very calmly, Tom continued to scream at my friend. Upon checkout, Tom would only give me a 10% discount for my room. When I spoke to Hedeer, he tried everything to get me to book my 7 rooms again next year. I told him they were already booked........ at the hotel next door. This place is filthy, they make promises, but do not keep them. My toilet was not the only one backing up. I think the hotel has some major plumbing problems. It's worth it to pay a few extra bucks to stay somewhere else. I only wish that the toilet had backed up again while we were checking out so that they would have had to deal with the water all over the floor after we left.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank luvtotravel68
StephensonMichigan, Owner at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2010

For the past 7 yrs. Ms Mary use to come to out hotel, on the dream cruise event, unfortunately it looks like things didn’t go very well this year because of the toilet problem, on that night since the maintenance . staff were already gone & fixing the toilet was not the FD clerk task, first the FD offered Ms Mary to change her room, but she didn’t want to, saying that she can’t move all her stuff to a different room., then he suggested her to use the plunger to solve the problem but she wasn’t satisfied with this solution & even she came to the front desk with her friend to return the plunger & started yelling to the FD, they look like they were drunk, after one week we contacted Ms Mary & apologize for the inconvenience, we offered her four nights free on her next visit on the dream cruse, but she requested that all the 7 rooms. to be free, we thing this is unfair for our business, we apologized to her. We were trying to make Ms Mary happy with any faire offer that the hotel can afford it, that’s why we sent send her a letter with the same offer that she’s been informed before, hopping that she will accept it.
Regarding the carpet, our plans was to change the carpet for all our rooms, but due to the bad economy we decided to change specific type of rooms, which unfortunately were not the rms. that Ms Mary booked, hopping in the near future to change the carpet for the remaining rooms.

Reviewed 14 August 2010

My husband and I stayed here on 3 occasions. The first visit we left and noticed bumps on my back and his stomach. Not knowing about bed bugs we assumed it was mosquito bites or a rash. The second stay there were no noticable bites. The third stay 1 week later! My back arm and side were covered with bites in a trail. His shoulders and leg were covered in bumps. Thats when it finally occurred to me what had happened. I talked to the assistant manager who insisted it was not bed bugs and that I must be mistaken. I complained with corporate and days later I still haven't heard a response. The worst think is to find out that theirs a disease associated with these bites. And they leave feces on your SKIN! sTAY WAY FROM THIS MOTEL!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TRAVELNOW74OakPark

The hotel took care of the problem by hiring a professional pest control company, since we never heard any complain before, we don’t know how the bugs get to the room, even the company couldn’t find out. The hotel satisfied the guest by refund her money back.

Reviewed 8 August 2008

This place is nasty. DO NOT STAY!! there was hair on my pillow and in the towels. I found a condom under my bed. This guy who is supposed to be manager Hadear? was the rudest person i have ever met in my life. and at first he said he was the owner. he and the housekeeper seemed to be having a fling. she was always at the front desk and with him. they would sit around talking different langage. whichis very rude if you ask me. non of the housekeepers could speak english. they kept telling me No No. Frank i guess he is the owner, should have went to business school befour opening a hotel. and if he wants people to enjoy there stay he needs a new manager and housekeeping that can speak english

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank kelly3349
Reviewed 26 February 2008

Very clean hotel. great location for shopping and easy access to I-75

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank jcornfoot
Reviewed 2 August 2007

This review is primarily to help first timers to the Woodward Dream Cruise, it took us 2 years of staying in unsafe/ dangerous, run down, and filthy hotels to find this place. I am from Canada and take my personal safety for granted, there are some places in Detroit, you DO NOT WANT TO STAY AT!
The Madison Heights Econo Lodge is our yearly lodging for the Woodward Dream Cruise. We have stayed here for the last two years, and plan to return every year.
It is in a fairly central location, close to restauants, gas, Auto Zone, Target, etc.
Our group also felt this was a reasonably SAFE part of the area, compared to previous stays in Detroit! There are also quite a few cruisers who stay here. I had no worries leaving my '31 Ford there over night. It is approximately a 10 minute drive to Woodward, down 14 mile Rd. which puts you in the center of the action.
The rooms are average, reasonably priced, everything is clean and the staff a friendly. They are also walk out rooms, so you are very close to keep an eye on your ride.
Hope this review helps, see ya at the 2007 Dream Cruise!

ROB.

Red Roof Inn Detroit Madison Heights
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Detroit Troy
Residence Inn Detroit Troy/Madison Heights
Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!