Rodeway Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I had reserved via Choicehotels.com expecting a decent place. After driving all day and checking in to a supposedly "non-smoking" room, I was staggered by the bad smell that hit me when I opened the door. Stale cigarette smell in carpet and linens was really bad. It was so bad it stayed on my clothes for hours.
I packed up my granddaughter and asked for a refund, after 6 days they still haven't refunded me yet :(

If you are reading this and are looking for a room, go to the Quality Inn in Troy.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Janet G
StephensonMichigan, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2013

We take reviews like this very seriously, and would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss your stay with you. Please contact us, and we will be happy to review your experiences directly.

Reviewed 18 May 2012

Fast check in, room was clean and quiet good location. Room was well appointed. staff was extremely helpful. Bed was comfortable. Free Wi-fi; coffee in room; plenty of linens for bathroom. will stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank travel u
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Good price, but totally not impressed by the place! We are travelling through the usa and have stayed at many cheap hotels along the way (good and bad - this is the first review i have done though!).. The bed/room gave me several bites throughout the night.. I looked for bugs/mosquitoes/etc but found none.. The fridge had not been cleaned (random large food crumbs/dirt/whatever(?), there was only 1 towel in the king room (and staff could not bring us any, as only one person on shift), both the Jacuzzi, bath tub and sink were dirty - like feet/dirt/hair goo - yuck!
And although checkout was awesomely at 12pm, the house keepers knocked on the door and woke us at 9am AND then opened the door to come in - saw we were still lying in bed, slammed the door and went away, only to come back knocking an hour later!! Not impressed.
I'd like to say the staff were ok but we asked about local attractions eg zoos and were told that they were All boring and uninteresting - not even a 'you could try this one' from the 50 brochers they had on the table - kinda unhelpful, and a downer - surely there is something to do in this area (you live here don't you? - WHY?!!?)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2012

This hotel location was excellent. We recently stayed there on a weekend shopping excursion and we were all very suprised considering the reviews shared by others. The beds were comfortable, the room was very clean, and the area was really quiet. Sure, it could use a fresh coat of paint both inside and out, but whatever, the sheets were clean and that's all that mattered to us. The staff was very friendly, mapping out shopping locations for us. Even the kitchen, for the continental breakfast was exceptionally clean...everything sparkled. I would not think twice about staying here again.

Room Tip: They are all ground level, you can drive right up to your door, so any room is good!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank SuePillon
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Got caught in a pinch late one night with car trouble and pulled into this place for a one night stay. Room was old, cold, and probably $19.99 when new 30 plus years ago. Adjusted for inflation and degradation, it should be about $24.99 now. WiFi was inaccessible due to low signal quality. The night manager regaled me with stories about how he held a Masters Degree in Computer Sciences and the signal was not the problem. The reason the WiFi was inaccessible was the -80 dBm signal strength on my meter. Low quality linens, beds, and soaps. Granted, $44.99 is not expensive by any stretch, but this is a very tired hotel and some of the staff are better suited for corrections officer work. Not certain what the guests giving this place an excellent rating are smoking ... but rest assured, it isn't the Marlboro brand ... nothing about this place is very nice, save a few of the staff members.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business