“Beware!”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Madison Heights
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

I had booked this room through Choicpriveldges for 8 nights based some of the positive reviews on this site. I have no idea what they were thinking but this was horrible. Front desk staff rude. Room, supposedly nonsmokin, smelled awful. Dirty, poor lighting, broken furniture and ? Safety of environment. By the time my sons unloaded the car and had them reload and we checked out. I did not intend to spend one night there.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank terri1124

Reviewed 19 July 2013

I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy!! The place was disgusting and dirty when we checked in. We had to clean before we even put out stuff in the room. We were staying for a week in the area and thought we wouldn't spend much time there. We asked to have the room cleaned the following day. When we returned, they hadn't done a thing!. We requested them to clean the room again and one of the maitenance men came into the room and sprayed some stuff along the walls. Not sure what that was for...but needless to say, we left after a couple of days. Because we originally requested to stay for 1 week, we had gotten a cheaper daily rate. Because we only stayed 2 days, they charged us more and preceeded to tell me it was our fault and that was what they would be charging us. This place was very disgusting and I wouldn't recommend this place to ANYONE! I don't care if you are staying for 1 night DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Colleen H
Reviewed 18 June 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I stayed here for couple nights with my family; everyone liked it, for the price i paid?? i got fresh breakfast, good internet, nice staff and most important cleanness of the rooms. I will for sure come back to stay at the E.L

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
StephensonMichigan, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2013

Thank you so much for your great review! We are glad that your family enjoyed their stay at our hotel. We hope that you will visit Madison Heights again and return as our guest.

Mike Oro,

Reviewed 8 January 2013

The wireless internet here is horrible. After complaining so many times about how often it disconnects and how incredibly slow the wireless is at econolodge and only getting the staff to "reset the modem", I gave up. My fiance made me a wireless extender hoping to fix the problem. This did not help. Fact is, this internet is just low bandwidth, probably a cheap plan with whatever carrier they are with.
On the plus side, which is why I am giving an average rating, the kitchenette is nice. I liked being in a room with a kitchen. The stove and oven works great. The disposal works great. Also, the shower was nice. I did not have spurts of extremely hot and cold water as I have had with other hotels these past few months. But, the bed was terribly uncomfortable. I had to make a mattress pillow out of blankets to lay on top of the mattress.
I would not return to this place. I can not deal with cheap, unreliable wireless internet. Half of the time I had to use the Days Inn wireless which neighbors this motel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
StephensonMichigan, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2013

I want to thank you for your comment. You certainly did not catch us at our best. Guest comfort is most concern to us. The hotel team committed to making every possible effort to provide perfect wireless connection. However, we have recently done major changes to our network to earn our guests satisfaction. Your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and a total network inspection was done.

Mike Oro,

Reviewed 19 December 2012

i have been staying at this location off and on for years...and they are by far the best and my favorite.the rooms are nice and the staff is very polite and professional.i would recommend this particular location to anyone.like i said the best...hands down.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Dave H
Reviewed 19 December 2012

Went to the econolodge last weekend, the room met my expectations for the price I paid, frsh coffee&donuts in the morning. Front desk clerk provided extra pillows when he noticed I have neck injury. I’ll defiantly stay here again if am in town

Room Tip: get upgraded rooms