“At least it was cheap”

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Madison Heights
Madison Heights
“At least it was cheap”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

My very initial impression was that the manager was way overworked, I really felt bad for him that he was as busy as he was. As to the room I must say I felt bad for us, to list my issues with the room: the bed was atrocious - could have been the floor, drains were slllooowww - toilet included, hair and stains abounded, the tv was an old tube model with bad reception, and the final issue was that the in room safe was broken and wouldn't lock. On the positive side was a very surprising point that the rooms had very thick walls, also the fridge was very clean and worked quite well.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Markham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

For the price we paid, I think it was well worth it. Cleanliness of the hotel could've been better of course but wasn't so bad that it made me uncomfortable. There was a smell throughout the whole building but it was somewhat tolerable. Location of this hotel was alright, there were restaurants around. The only problem we had was the fan in the bathroom, it was roaring loud! Other than that, all was good. I think I would consider another hotel before I decide on staying here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Kokomo, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

So this is one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in. My room was on the first floor and the outside sliding door wouldn't lock. I contacted the manager but he would not give me a new room. If you have anything of value do not even think about leaving it in the room when you are gone. Unfortunately I booked with Priceline and they would not do anything either. You can be assured that I will never stay here again and I will never use priceline again. Oh, and by the way, the room was dirty and bed was horrible.

Room Tip: Bring a hazmat suit to not catch anything.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Madison Heights hotels

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

We needed a clean overnight, and this worked well for us. Location is great - near to a mall and large movie theatres. Could easily get to the outlet mall near Troy in the morning. The staff were friendly although not very helpful when we complained about the pot smell permeating the hallway outside our room ! The hotel is clean but older. We appreciated the fridge and microwave in the room.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison Heights
Baymont Inn & Suites Madison Heights Detroit Area
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit North - Troy
Red Roof Inn Detroit Madison Heights
Hampton Inn Detroit / Madison Heights / South Troy
Residence Inn Detroit Troy/Madison Heights
Residence Inn Detroit Troy/Madis...
#3 of 9 in Madison Heights
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Madison Heights
Extended Stay America - Detroit ...
#5 of 9 in Madison Heights

Been to Days Inn & Suites Madison Heights MI? Share your experiences!