“Enjoyable Stay”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Madison Heights
Delray Beach, Florida
“Enjoyable Stay”
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Everyone made this a nice trip especially Sharon in the breakfast room. She always had an enjoyable story. She greeted everyone with a smile and asked what she could help them get for their breakfast. Tables are cleaned promptly and food was always full. She was sunshine.

Room Tip: We had a corner unit because of pet. This hotel is older and a little noisier than other Residence I...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank nanafla1032
ResidenceInnMHGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Troy/Madison Heights, responded to this review, 10 December 2012
Thank you so much for your review. We are glad that you experienced a pleasant stay. Our hot breakfast buffet is one of the best around. We often get comments on the great value. We will be sure to pass along the compliment to Sharon. We look forward to your future stays with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Trenton, Michigan
Reviewed 24 November 2012

We recently had the pleasure of staying at this property for a quick get away! We were in town for a concert at the Royal Oak Music Theatre. This location was very close, about a 10 minute cab ride. Front desk staff were very helpful in making arrangements. We stayed in a studio room that was very comfortable. Rooms were very clean! Full kitchen was a nice touch. We really enjoyed the breakfast that was included in our room rate. Lots of great choices! We would not hesitate to book this hotel again. Overall great experience!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jodichep
ResidenceInnMHGM, Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Troy/Madison Heights, responded to this review, 27 November 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent tripadvisor review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon!
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I have spend a few months at this Residence Inn for business reasons, and I can stay the difference is the staff, and that make all the difference ! And it is very clear that It is a standard that is set by the General Manager, that all the staff are pleased to maintain.
I have found that Kristen, Latoya, Eve and Rachael at the front desk are excellent, and are always happy to provide service about the hotel and information around the local area.
At breakfast, Sharon provides friendly and efficient service, in a busy time of the day. It would be great if there was more seating !
Can highly recommend traveller to stay at this property, and I will certainly return, in preference to the Warren Residence Inn which I also previously stay in.

2 Thank Mike J
Thank you for your positive review. We specialize in the long term guest with all of our extra amenities and features- such as large rooms, complimentary buffet breakfast and free wireless internet. We always love to hear positive comments on our staff - as we pride ourselves on our top notch service. We look forward to your return in the future.
Sandusky
Reviewed 11 October 2012

I recently had the pleasure of spending one night at this location and almost wished that I could stay longer. LaToya at the front desk was amazing to work with. The room was clean (a little dated) and very comfortable. The "snack" at night was a meal that was simple, but tasty and the breakfast was great. The morning staff were very helpful and eager to make our experience pleasant. Will definately stay here again when in the area.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom 2 bath suites are available.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
ResidenceInnMHGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Troy/Madison Heights, responded to this review, 16 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review regarding your stay with us. We’re glad that we can be your “Home away from home”. I have shared your comments with the rest of the staff, and I know that we all appreciate your kind words and compliments. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Naples, Florida, United States
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We (four sisters) stayed at this hotel and could not have been more pleased! We had originally made the reservation for three and found that we needed to add the 4th person when one sister was released from the hospital earlier than anticipated. LaToya at the front desk worked with us to come up wih the best location and arrangements to meet our needs. The rooms were clean and wonderfully appointed. Both the evening "snack" (which is really a light meal) and the mornng breakfast were delightful. At breakfast we were met by a server eager to personally prepare belgium waffles, to add to the many other items already available.
The hotel is conveniently located to Beaumont Hospital; if we need to return to that area, our first booking will be a this hoel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
ResidenceInnMHGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Troy/Madison Heights, responded to this review, 14 September 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review! We pride ourselves on our great staff and top notch customer service. I am glad you and your sisters were able to enjoy the hot buffet breakfast and light dinner we serve in the evening - we feel it is our extra touches that keep people coming back. If you are in the area again, we hope to see you again.
Cincinnati
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I booked a room for a one night stay based on TripAdvisor's #1 ranking. I agree with many of the former reviews regarding the hotel itself...the outside is a bit dated but kept in good condition, but inside the rooms were very clean, large and comfortable. What makes this place is the service. I was greeted by LaToya, who was all smiles, super pleasant, and extremely accommodating. The second time I went to the desk, a woman whom I assumed to be the manager (I'm sorry, I didn't catch her name) was also extremely friendly, helpful and welcoming. Upon checkout, a third woman was equally as pleasant. The awesome staff really does make this place. Not sure it this was mentioned in previous reviews, but they serve a light dinner (pizza and salad during my stay) and an awesome breakfast, free of charge. Definitely recommend:)

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
ResidenceInnMHGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Troy/Madison Heights, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent TripAdvisor review. I am glad to hear that you encountered great customer service throughout the hotel. I will make sure to share your comments with the staff and personally acknowledge Latoja. Thanks again and we look forward to your return.
Beverly Hills, MI
Reviewed 28 August 2012

I could not wait to write a review for our stay at Residence Inn (Madison Heights). I stayed there for just over 2 months due to renovations being done on my home. From the start, I was nothing but impressed! The entire staff is warm, friendly, courteous, extremely competent and just spectacular! Anything we ever needed was addressed promptly and courteously. I can not say enough good things about this property and the staff. It runs like a well oiled machine! I have stayed at 5 star resorts that the staff didn't remotely compare to this staff. I wish I could remember all the names, but the stand outs are Susie, Latoya (and all the others), Eve and all the maintenance and housekeeping staff (but can't remember names, so sorry!). It is also a wonderful location! You have Costco just down the street and Meijer's grocery store down 13 Mile Rd. many restaurants and Oakland Mall. If you have to be away from your home for any reason or traveling to this area, THIS is your place to stay!

Room Tip: We chose the executive suite. It has two bedrooms and two bathrooms. One pull out bed below (from...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jay W
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent TripAdvisor review. I am happy to hear that you had such a wonderful stay and will make sure to share your comments with the staff. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison Heights
Hampton Inn Detroit / Madison Heights / South Troy
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit North - Troy
Baymont Inn & Suites Madison Heights Detroit Area
Candlewood Suites Detroit - Troy
Homewood Suites Detroit Troy
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Troy MI

Been to Residence Inn Detroit Troy/Madison Heights? Share your experiences!