“Friendly Staff - Decent Hotel”

Baymont Inn & Suites Madison Heights Detroit Area
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Madison Heights
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I stay here quite often because it is convenient and reasonably priced. The staff is very friendly. The room linens and mattress could use some updates, but the room is clean and the "motel" rooms (door leading directly to parking lot) are surprisingly quiet. The A/C is old school, meaning you can select ON or OFF, so in the winter you could wake up in a sweat. The breakfast is average. Overall, a good clean hotel for the money.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank djvano

Reviewed 8 June 2012

So I don't know how I ended up here.. well I do,... I let a family member book a decently priced hotel in Troy, MI and this is what I got. Needless to say, she will NEVER be booking any more hotels for me again if I can help it.

Location: I did not feel safe at all. I looked over my shoulder every few seconds when going to my car and from my car back to the hotel/motel. Applebee's (open till 11pm) , McDonalds and Coney Island are literally across the street.

Pros: close to I-75, friendly staff, nice breakfast area, clean. 3rd Floor is indoor with a security door to access it. Decent rooms inside and clean. Internet was ok for emails, not great for videos. Speed's per SpeedTest.net were Download: 1.3 Mbps and Upload 0.8 Mbps.

Cons: Its pretty much a motel, didn't feel safe (but I'm sure it was safe, i'm just spoiled and paranoid thanks to the Media and our always 'bad news' giving News Stations).

If you are not very picky, like me, then you will find it decent. If you are very picky, keep driving.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2012

When I tried making reservations around town, this was the only Marriott property that had room. It was clean and the front desk staff were very accommodating. The set up of the hotel is a bit odd but the most important things were there. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. Most people using this hotel are on business so the pool and exercise room aren't used much.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I stay in many hotels for business though out Michigan, Ohio and Canada. This is an older Fairfield Inn, but is very clean and comfortable. The employees really are some of the friendliest ones I encounter. Hope Marriott does not make this hotel change as they have many others.

Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank M-Miles10
Reviewed 11 February 2012

This has got to be the worst fairfield property.....I thought I was at some on-name crappy place...dingy, dirty...cheap everything.....and I paid $99!! terrible.

Room Tip: Tip - Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank JaysonC1974
Reviewed 6 February 2012

For a 2.5 star hotel, it was lovely. I travel 3-4 times a month, to different cities and stay in hotels that are 3-4x the price of this one that are not as attentive, clean or comfortable.

Although the rooms face outside, (seems like this may be a renovated motel?) the third floor doesn't. Not sure if it is more expensive. I stayed on the 2nd floor (would've asked for 3rd if I new it was enclosed). It was warm, cozy and quiet. My 3rd floor neighbor seemed to be pacing the room all morning, but at least stopped during sleep time!

Breakfast was hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, cold cereal, waffles, bagels, toast, juice, yogurt, coffee and tea. What I really liked is the attentiveness of the breakfast girl every morning. She kept tables and buffet clean and tidy. If I needed anything, she was right there.

The staff seemed all be this attentive and very friendly. I would stay here again upon returning back to Royal Oak for business.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank sunytrvler
Reviewed 9 January 2012

We did not stay at this hotel due to booking issue. But we find hotel staff on night duty was very helpful to assist us. I think we will try this hotel in the near future.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison Heights
Hampton Inn Detroit / Madison Heights / South Troy
Candlewood Suites Detroit - Troy
Red Roof Inn Detroit Madison Heights
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Detroit Troy
Residence Inn Detroit Troy/Madison Heights
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Troy MI

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Madison Heights Detroit Area? Share your experiences!