“good experience”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Madison Heights
Toronto, Canada
“good experience”
Reviewed 9 October 2012

we stayed at this hotel for 2 nights over the long weekend and i have no complaints. Place is clean, close to the hwy and mall and staff are all professional. Reasonable rate, room decor were simple, and breakfast was reasonable. Parking lot is well lit and the surrounding area is not scary. Nothing fancy but it works for the purpose. The only complaint we have is because it is close to a busy street and due to the fact that the time we stayed have street repair/constructions plus the area is more of an office/industrial area, we can hear the street noise at night. it didnot bother me cause I am so tired from the day trip but once in awhile some car honk or loud truck bumps can wake us up and we figure out this sounds can be heard for the windows looks old so if the windows be upgraded this issue will be solved. I would reccommend family or friends to stay here.

Room Tip: Maybe choose the rooms that is away from the street.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Maria C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Stayed here over the long weekend. The hotel is essentially a motel (doors on the first two floors open to the outside but the third floor opened to an interior hallway like a hotel).

The rooms were clean, breakfast was free, and the staff was helpful and nice. The hotel is right next to the freeway so it is a very convenient location with a mall not that far away (across the freeway).

I would stay here again- but keep your expectations in check - when you pull up to the hotel you will realize this is a motel retrofitted into a Fairfield in.

The pool is outdoors, small but clean and was great for the kids.

Room Tip: No room service, wife was more comfortable in a room on the third floor
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I ended up here after not being able to find anything available before my flight out the next morning. The rooms are smaller, but they're clean and it was a good stay. I'd give it 4 stars for that, but the staff is what makes it 5. They are probably some of the nicest, kindest folks that you've ever encountered. I got there really late, and had to be up really early for a flight, and the clerk was so genuinely sympathetic and kind and that to me however small it may seem, makes it that much better. I'll definitely be back. Wifi works great too.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Troy, New York
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Visited the Detroit area for a wedding and stayed June 21 and 22. We stayed on the third floor and found the room very clean and the bed very comfortable. Breakfast had about everything on it you could want and coffee is available and tea is available all day long. People at desk were very nice and helpful. I felt very safe and would definitely use this place again. We used the pool during the day - it was clean and peaceful - pool was 5 ft.deep which was nice. Thank you for a nice clean place to stay.

Room Tip: Enjoyed third floor but all seem secured.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I stay here quite often because it is convenient and reasonably priced. The staff is very friendly. The room linens and mattress could use some updates, but the room is clean and the "motel" rooms (door leading directly to parking lot) are surprisingly quiet. The A/C is old school, meaning you can select ON or OFF, so in the winter you could wake up in a sweat. The breakfast is average. Overall, a good clean hotel for the money.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank djvano
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 8 June 2012

So I don't know how I ended up here.. well I do,... I let a family member book a decently priced hotel in Troy, MI and this is what I got. Needless to say, she will NEVER be booking any more hotels for me again if I can help it.

Location: I did not feel safe at all. I looked over my shoulder every few seconds when going to my car and from my car back to the hotel/motel. Applebee's (open till 11pm) , McDonalds and Coney Island are literally across the street.

Pros: close to I-75, friendly staff, nice breakfast area, clean. 3rd Floor is indoor with a security door to access it. Decent rooms inside and clean. Internet was ok for emails, not great for videos. Speed's per SpeedTest.net were Download: 1.3 Mbps and Upload 0.8 Mbps.

Cons: Its pretty much a motel, didn't feel safe (but I'm sure it was safe, i'm just spoiled and paranoid thanks to the Media and our always 'bad news' giving News Stations).

If you are not very picky, like me, then you will find it decent. If you are very picky, keep driving.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Santa Monica
Reviewed 27 May 2012

When I tried making reservations around town, this was the only Marriott property that had room. It was clean and the front desk staff were very accommodating. The set up of the hotel is a bit odd but the most important things were there. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. Most people using this hotel are on business so the pool and exercise room aren't used much.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison Heights
Hampton Inn Detroit / Madison Heights / South Troy
Candlewood Suites Detroit - Troy
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Troy MI
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit North - Troy
Red Roof Inn Detroit Madison Heights
Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Troy

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Madison Heights Detroit Area? Share your experiences!