I recently stayed at the Extended StayAmerica Detroit-Madison Heights on October 28, 2008 because I needed a room for my son. I took him to the Detroit Zoo's Annual "Zoo Boo" and needed a place a little close to get him out of the cold. I was going to do the Red Roof Inn. However, they wanted $61 for a room with a small refrigerator and microwave. Therefore, I decided to do the Extended StayAmerica Detroit-Madison Heights because it was a bit cheaper and you get a kitchen.
Cheap doesn't begin to describe this hotel. When I checked in; The customer service person didn't even ask if I wanted the internet nor did she inform me of check out time. I was in such a rush to get my son into his costume and get back out that I didn't notice a lot of the stuff until that night when we returned or the next day. The toilet tissue roll in the bathroom was broken so it didn't hold the toilet tissue up and it kept falling to the floor. The pillows on the bed were so flat that I ended up having to stick towels inside the pillow case just to get that comfort I was searching for. The bed seem to have been sunken down and could have been broken, which I didn't notice until I tried to sleep and the next morning. The A/C in the room did not work at all. It kept cutting off and I found it difficult to sleep as I needed the background noise to sleep.
The next morning, I discovered the dresser was a total and utterly mess. The cosmetics on it was horrifying, it's was all torn up and beat up. The microwave in the room didn't seem to work I had to warm up food at least 10 times just to get it to the desire temperature. When I opened the microwave there was a dirty plate in the microwave. When I went to make coffee the coffee brewer was already filled with a previous pack of coffee that housekeeping hadn't even dumped out. When I went to give my son a bath, the bath stopper switch didn't want to work and the hot water didn't work either. This was a horrible hotel experience as I have stayed at other chains for this hotel and have had no issues. The only reason I would ever stay here again is if I was in a really bad bind and Red Roof Inn didn't have any rooms available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cash is accepted as a form of payment for those guests paying by a weekly or monthly rate. A valid credit card must be kept on file for incidentals. Cash is not accepted as a method of payment for guests paying the daily rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com and Extended Stay so you can book your Extended Stay America - Detroit - Madison Heights reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Extended Stay Madison Heights
- Madison Heights Extended Stay