I found the room at this hotel at a great price online. It had everything my boyfriend and I were looking for in a room: queen-size bed, kitchenette area w/ refrigerator and microwave, etc. However, little did we know, it didn't have the most BASIC thing that we were looking for. . .
Hint #1 - NEVER BOOK THROUGH PRICELINE! No matter how deceiving the prices on Priceline may be, their cancellation policy sucks! I will go back to this in a second . . .meanwhile, after we checked in, we started to eat dinner. About 45 minutes into eating dinner, he started to hook up his PlayStation 3 to the tv so that we could watch some DVDs that we rented. Well, come to find out, this hotel has purposefully de-programmed channels 2, 3, and 4 so that you couldn't have access to watch a DVD! We tried to go through the menu options and the only options available were for sleep timer and closed caption. They set the channels so that there was no input source to watch a DVD, complete b.s.!! Neither one of us has had an experience where you could NOT hook up a DVD player to the tv to watch a movie. We were so upset that we left. Upon leaving, the girl at the front desk mentioned that because we were in the "room for an 1 hour", there was nothing they could do. And, of course the manager was off until Monday! In the meantime, she told us that because we booked through Priceline, they would have to give us a refund, but according to their b.s. cancellation policy, they wouldn't give us a refund either. So, we decided to return back to the room and give it another shot. About 5 hours into staying in the room - mind you, it's about 1:30 in the morning, I look over, and we see a BED BUG. My boyfriend captured it and put it in a bottle so we could show the staff on-site. She asked if we wanted to move to another room but we were so disgusted that we left for the second time! We went over to Econo Lodge across the street and did not have any problems at all over there.
Anyways, so not only did we have a TERRIBLE experience, but there were bed bugs and we STILL haven't gotten our money back. Not from the hotel or not even from Priceline, and no one seems to care. I will never stay at this hotel again nor will I ever use Priceline. The hotel tried to tell us that they are doing upgrades and that will solve the problem of the dvd player; however, we weren't staying during the upgrades so that defeated the entire purpose of the stay, nor does it cover the bed bug situation. The woman on-staff told us to bring the bedbug back when the manager is there, ugh. It seems as if you can have a bad experience at a hotel and request a refund and no one cares or wants to solve the problem!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cash is accepted as a form of payment for those guests paying by a weekly or monthly rate. A valid credit card must be kept on file for incidentals. Cash is not accepted as a method of payment for guests paying the daily rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Extended Stay America - Detroit - Madison Heights reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Extended Stay Madison Heights
- Madison Heights Extended Stay