Extended Stay America - Detroit - Madison Heights
US$119
Fairfield Inn
US$119
TownePlace Suites
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsmonth stayfront desk staffenjoyed my staydetroit areabrittanymiaccommodations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 January 2013

We stayed at this Hotel for a little over 2 months and felt right at home. The staff was always friendly and helpful, the hotel itself was clean and safe. We had absolutely no problems at all!! The location was close to the mall, restaurants,movie theater, expressways, downtown Detroit and so much more, this made our stay very convenient to get around.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Madison Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2013

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and felt right at home. This means we are delivering on our committment to provide exceptional guest service. I appreciate you sharing your experience with us. Thank you again for your business.

Reviewed 30 November 2012

Words can not express how at home I felt at this remarkably attentive establishment. The overall environment was mediocre at best but the kind and caring staff more than made up for the out of date decor. Traveling for a mini vacation with my elderly and severely disable grandmother, Brittany, a wonderfully kind and smart woman eagerly helped not only my grandmother but me with the luggage. (Apparently it could not be found upon our departure) I expected much less from a lower priced hotel but surprisingly not only the location was superb but the service as well. The Manager Yvette was always smiling and ready to answer any questions without a hint of frustration or remorse. The best part of my stay was the fact that everyone was friendly and happy. I would definitely recommend this hotel over any in the area because its a great bang for your buck. Why go to more expensive places only to be treated by cold and indifferent staff? I give this 5 stars.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Madison Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

I wanted to take the time to personally respond to your recent review. It is very rewarding to read your feedback regarding our staff. We work very hard to provide exceptional guest experiences and it sounds like we did just that for you and your grandmother. We greatly appreciate you choosing our hotel in Madison Heights. Thank you again for your kind words.

Reviewed 26 November 2012

We stayed at the Madison Heights location while visiting family over Thanksgiving. The hotel is worn, but for $55/night it was fine. The bed was small but comfortable. The furniture was very dated and had many knicks and scratches. The hotel staff was very nice and I was surprised they had breakfast items in the lobby in the morning - just coffee, juice, fruit and granola bars but we didn't need anything more than that. My only complaint about the hotel was our room was right next to the elevator so heard the ding all the time and we were on the second floor and could hear the person above us walking around and in the morning heard people outside in the parking lot talking so it is not very sound proof. I would stay there again but would ask for a room away from the elevator on the third floor.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third floor away from the elevator. This will keep the noise level down.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Madison Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

Thank you for your review. I appreciate you sharing the experience of your stay with us. I want to apologize for the noise issues you experienced. I completely understand the frustration of the elevator noise each time it opens. When you return to our hotel, please request a room away from the elevator and we will do all we can to accommodate you. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed 12 November 2012

I really enjoyed my recent stay at the hotel!! I was in visiting family and decided to stay here because my last stay was so good and of course I expected it to be the same, but boy was I wrong I was really blown away this time the hotel has had some updates and the manager WOW that lady is wonderful she made sure me and my family had a great stay, we didnt have a need for anything. I tell you her and her staff is wonderful from now on whenever I come into town I will not hesitate to go there.Thank You

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Madison Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's great to hear you speak of our recent changes; I am glad you liked them! We do hope to see you when you are back in our area. Thank you again!

Reviewed 11 November 2012

The manager Yvette Thomas and the entire staff at the Madison Heights location truly know the meaning of hospitality. Although the hotel itself is in the process of renovations, the staff more than makes up any short comings. Their service ethics is far beyond any I have experienced, even in the finest 5-star hotels around the country. I highly recommend Extended Stay America in Madison Heights. Whether a short stay or longer term, for business or pleasure it is a home away from home for you and your pet. (Long-term visit 6+ months).

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Madison Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2012

Thank you very much for your review. We strive to provide exceptional guest service to all of our guests so it is very rewarding to hear you comment so positively about the hotel staff. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We appreciate your business and do hope to have you back with us the next time you are in the Madison Heights area.