“Great Golf - Great Staff - Great Value”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Manistee
Inn at Manistee National Golf & Resort
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Manistee
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Planned a short golf vacation and Manistee National Golf & Resort did not disappoint. From the beginning Doug Bell organized everything for us and our unique requirements. Room was clean, tidy and the price offered great value.

All the staff was super friendly, helpful and went above and beyond in my opinion. Breakfast was very good with lots of choice and plenty to go around. Indoor and outdoor pool with hot tubs that came in handy.

Pro Shop was first rate and even offered all the latest demo drivers for a free try out for the day. Bought the package which included two rounds and accommodation. Arcadia Bluffs is close by and Doug organized one of our rounds there - unforgettable!

All in all - Great Golf - Great Staff - Great Value.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 August 2013

We stayed one night at Manistee National. Stayed in room 237, which was considered a suite. Room was very noisy...whenever walking to and from bathroom the walls creaked...this room is directly above the front desk & front door, so it was possible to hear people come and go our entire stay. The room is quite large, but really does not have any upgrades you would normally consider in a "suite".

Reading some of the other reviews I was anticipating a nicer stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2013

My son's reception was held in the tent at MN May 2013. I cannot say enough about the staff, hotel rooms and food. Doug Bell made sure that everything went smoothly. EVERYONE of the staff was so nice!!! The rooms were clean, spacious and a great price. This was my first visit to Manistee and we stayed 2 nights at the hotel. I plan on going back to stay there with my husband and play some golf! The food they have for breakfast in the morning is perfect......your choice of cereal, bagels, muffins, toast, milk, juice and coffee! For a small fee you can have a larger breakfast in the grill. Our family and friends pretty much took over the hotel for the weekend and Doug and his staff did everything and more than we asked. This is a AAA PLUS in my book!! FANTASTIC!!!

Room Tip: Rooms that face the back of the hotel have a glorious view of the golf course!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2012

We stayed here in August after riding all day on our way to the UP. All the other hotels were filled up and this was a last resort to call because we thought it would be very high so we were pleasantly surprised when the price was so reasonable! The room had 2 queen beds and was very clean and nicely decorated. We loved the outdoor hot tub and pool. They were so realaxing after riding all day. We would definately stay here if we go through this area again. I believe they had breakfast, but we did not eat there so I have no idea how that was. We did use the community room where there was a pool table, tv and a bar. It took a few minutes for the desk clerk to come and help at the bar, but overall it wasn't a bad experience.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

We stayed at MN just an overnight stay and it was Perfect! Steve who worked the front desk was very friendly and helpful, the little lounge area was clean and just perfect...Our room was clean and we had a view of the golf course (we asked Steve for a nice view) and he did :) We Will be Back. Oh but the coffee cups downstairs were like 2 once shot glass sized! HA. Need Bigger Cups for some Joe.

1  Thank shawna t t
Reviewed 6 August 2012

CONS:
We stopped here overnight to play some golf on the way to Traverse City. We had a standard room that was large enough with 2 queen beds. Good thing......they were so soft that if my husband and I had been in the same one we would have sunk to the middle, never to be seen again. They were awful and both of us woke up with bad backs needing meds before we played golf. The breakfast was minimal...just cold cereal, yogurt, and bagels or english muffin.....no fruit and the juice machine was broken. No newspapers except on weekends. No refrig or microwave.
PROS:
Clean room
Flat screen TV
Two good golf courses.
Dinner at the on site restaurant was good. We split the perch dinner and it was more than we could eat. The perch was tasty, good salad, and rolls. (Unfortunately, the beans looked either canned or overdone and we didn't even try them.)
Room doors closed silently so you didn't hear the late night party people.
Friendly front desk people

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the golf course
2  Thank annika326
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I needed to stay in Manistee. I knew of Manistee National so I called the hotel. To my surprize, they had a $99.00 special room rate with all the golf you can play for free. Being a golfer, I jumped at this deal.

I played Cutter's Ridge. It is a challenging course. I had a great time. I had a late dinner in the club house. The dinner was wonderful and the waitress was great. Very friendly. I ate on the patio and enjoyed it.

They have two 18 hole courses here. The other one is called Canthooke Valley. I did not play this course, but it looked great and I heard good things about it from the other golfers.

The hotel is average. The great thing is you can walk to the clubhouse. It is very close. The staff in the hotel was very friendly. The hotel has two pools. One indoors and one outdoors. They have a very small lounge in the hotel, you really would be better going to the club house. The shower in the standard room was small, but it served it purpose.

If it is summertime and you want to stay and play great golf, Stay here and you will enjoy yourself. I will be coming back

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manistee
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manistee
Riverside Motel & Marina
Riverside Motel & Marina
#10 of 10 in Manistee
Little Riverside Motel & Marina

Been to Inn at Manistee National Golf & Resort? Share your experiences!