“Great Experience!!”

Budget Host Inn Manistique
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Manistique
Reviewed 25 August 2012

It's hard to believe the negative reviews for the Budget Host Inn. Very clean and cozy hotel. The rooms were very cozy and VERY clean. The beds are very comfortable and I personally had a wonderful nights sleep. I found everything including the bathroom spotless. I really enjoy the fact that I could drive up to the door to my room. I like hotels that are that way. The hotel and the grounds were very well kept up. Yes, the pool doesn't have water. But maybe it never got used enough so that could be why. No biggie. I thought upon entering the lobby that I really felt at home. And the lady at the desk was very very lovely and really nice. I appreciated the coffee in the lobby and the danishes she had there in the morning were wonderful. I have nothing but good things to say about this place and I would absolutely stay there again!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank MISfan
There are newer reviews for Budget Host Inn Manistique

Reviewed 4 August 2012

We found this hotel to be SO clean. After reading some of the other negative reviews about the picky owner, I made my decision to stay here. It showed me that she cares about her property. The rooms are spotless, the carpeting is clean. As well as the bathroom. I was very surprised to see that the bedding looked new. The linens on the bed were nice, crisp and bright white, not thread-bare like some places. We would stay here again for sure. We did not stay for the continental breakfast, so I don't know how that was.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I had the worst nights sleep ever at this hotel! I am pretty sure the beds are as old as the hotel itself! The pool on the website has no water in it! When we decided to leave and not stay for the rest of our nights in Manistique she threatened us that we better not be staying at another hotel in town! The rooms smelled like mold and mothballs! She obviously reads these reviews because i see she responds to the negative ones so why doesn't she fix any of the problems especially the old and stained rock hard beds!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Theunhappycouple-12
Reviewed 10 July 2012

If you are looking for a very clean room at a reasonable rate in the UP, this is it. Beds are hard, but OK. Basic room, but adequate. People run a very clean motel and are helpful.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Easy check-in and we could pull up to the room door for easy loading & unloading. The room was clean but the beds a little hard. Cost was reasonable. Rooms appear to have been remodeled within the last few years. Coffee & donuts were served in the morning. I wish they would have had a handicapped room available.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 December 2011

This is a good low-price option. The woman at the desk was very helpful and friendly, going out of her way to make sure I was well taken care of at check-in and when I left the next day. This is even though I arrived well after midnight and had not called ahead.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 October 2011

What you won’t get:
Large bath soap, shampoo, body lotion, shower cap, hair dryer, ironing board, iron, microwave, refrigerator nor a hot or continental breakfast.
What you will get:
A very competitive room rate, flat screen TV, telephone, Wi-Fi, a neat, clean well maintained room and a departing cup of coffee and sweet roll. If you want a free $5 casino package - ask the desk clerk. Also, you get a peaceful night’s sleep and a friendly staff willing to make your stay uneventful and comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family