Gray Wolf Lodge
US$78
EconoLodge
US$130
Northshore Motel(Manistique)
All reviewsrestaurant next doorseasons restaurantoutside entryroom was cleanacross the streetlake michiganindoor pool and hot tubcoffee pot and hair dryerlong tripupper floorstayed for nightsprivate beach accessking bednice surprisefirst floorparking lotone night stay
Reviewed 30 June 2013

If you are looking for a great hotel outside the usual tourist traps of St. Ignace and Mackinaw City this is the place! The room was very clean and nice. The beds were extra firm - just the way I like them. We were on the second floor. As a result, we had a good, unobstructed view of Lake Superior. The hotel is located next door to a fantastic restaurant and a gas station / convenience store two doors away. The only thing lacking was an elevator that would have allowed us to take our bags to the second floor.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Thank you for such a nice place to stop and stay..we recently spent a night at the Great Wolf Lodge on a Snowmobile trip thru theUpper Penninsula..and was very please with the service..the atmosphere and our room..the pool was clean and spacious well decorated thru-out..laundry facilities and a vending machine!! The only complaint would be that the heater was noisy throughout the night.. but all in all a great stay..i highly recomend it and would definetly stay again! Also appreciated that this place works with other businesses in their town and had vouchers and shuttle service for the Casino..and in the morning gave vouchers and recommendations to a very nice Restaurant called Floyds that served delicious food..not to mention homemade rhye bread mmmmmmmmm!! This makes for great tourism! Love it!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Yve G
Reviewed 17 September 2012

My husband and I have been staying at the Gray Wolf Lodge for several years. Our stays are usually 3-5 nights, so we can tour around the area and not have to change hotels every night.
The Gray Wolf rooms are large, clean, and everything always works. TVs are new and the hotel has a very good channel selection. Would highly recommend the Gray Wolf!!

Room Tip: All the rooms have a view of Lake Michigan.....Room 32 has a very good view of the lake.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Peggy S
Reviewed 14 July 2012

We drove the "hotel strip" when we pulled into town, the Gray Wolf looked like a nice place with a good view of the lake. We pulled in and I asked a fellow motorcyclist sitting outside his room how the room was. He showed me his room and it was clean and average, he told me what he paid $60 for the room. I ended up with a King room upstairs for $69, it was more like a $49 or $59 room in my opinion. The room was clean and fortunately appeared to be recently updated. Everything worked, even had a microwave and fridge and it was a comfortable bed. Only complaint about the room was the shower head was at chest height and I'm only 6' tall. Nice pool and hot tub. I did have to ask for some change for the laundy facilities and was made to feel like I was a real bother. Got this impression that customer service is not this guys strong suit...maybe just caught him on a bad day.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Randall L
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Have been traveling for over 2 weeks now and have stayed at several (at least 8) different hotels up to this point. The Gray Wolf Lodge was definitely one of our better hotel experiences. Came into Manistique with no reservation or prior knowledge of area hotels....called and spoke with several hoteliers to try to determine where to stay. Had a pet with us so was concerned about finding a pet-friendly place. The front desk clerk was so nice.... no surcharge for pets....gave us a quiet room at the end to ensure privacy and quiet. They have a wing with a pool and hot tub....the pool was even specially shaped to accomodate a pool lift for guests with physical disabilities ... I have never seen another hotel which had a lift to help guests like that and I was immensely impressed with the caring and thoughtfulness. They have a private beach area for their guests and gave us a money-off coupon for a nice little cafe nearby for breakfast. Price was reasonable and room was very clean and quite spacious. All in all, a very nice stay and a very nice hotel. Would definitely go back there if back in the area.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family