“Nice, clean, reasonable place to stay.”
Review of Gray Wolf Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manistique
Gray Wolf Lodge
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I travel all over the US and I have to say that this was a nice, clean room, reasonably priced and on the top of the list of those that I have stayed in. There is a microwave and fridge in the room. Gray Wolf also has a pool. Dennis, the owner, was very pleasant and accommodating. I would definitely recommend the Gray Wolf Lodge. Of note is that The Three Seasons Restaurant is next door and has excellent food. I would definitely recommend staying here.

Room Tip: I did not use the room service, tried to remove my choice, but it did not allow me to do that. The s...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tricialand

Reviewed 5 October 2013

This was a very clean, spacious facility, and am glad we decided to stay here. We ate supper and breakfast at the 3 seasons cafe, and the food was excellent, and if you walked away hungry, I would be very amazed, because we were stuffed. We really enjoyed the view from the beach across the road from the gray wolf, and also got some spectacular pictures from walking the boardwalk. I would highly recomend the resteraunt and the motel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Laura K
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We were looking for a hotel with a restaurant nearby, which didn't give us many choices in the area. The rooms were dated, but this is pretty typical of hotels in the area, so we knew what to expect when we arrived. The beach is nothing too pretty with a lot of algae and other debris in the water, but it was a decent overlook and nice to have access to the water. The beds were soft and the rooms were a dusty, but overall it was okay. The price was right, especially for mid summer.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ladytrvlr55
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I'll start with saying our room was super clean and a good value. Grounds are nice,, beach is across the hwy. It is not a swimming beach, but okay for letting our dog run. We had a view of the lake, but I doubt it all the lower level rooms have the same. Rooms are not sound proof, and the quest above us proved it. Check in was not friendly, a pleasant greeting would have been nice. Jacuzzi tub was akward to get out of. Microwave and refri were good for fixing meals. We did not use the pool or spa.

Room Tip: rooms near office have the lake view
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2013

A bare-bones place to sleep. Shabby, but seemed clean and not a lot of places to pick from in this area It was too late in the day to push on. There were fleas in the room we discovered the next day. Not the worst critters we could have had in our room, but we were not happy with the room and the fleas added to our unhappiness.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank LasVegasSylvia
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Comfortable, clean, good location. Owner wasn't over friendly, but I came to find out most of our interactions with various business owners were the same. May be just the way it is in that town. Great view of the lake! Owner gave us a good recommendation for a fabulous restraunt. Pool was freezing!!! Not heated and indoors so no sun on it at anytime. We didn't get in. Lake Michigan was warmer, believe it or not. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again though as it was a pleasant stay with a great view. Good price!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank AMBC77
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I grew up in Manistique and I visit every year so I've stayed at many of the local motels. The Gray Wolf Lodge is as good a value as you will find between St. Ignace and Escanaba on US-2. The rooms are clean and sufficiently spacious. The bed was comfortable. It included standard amenities but nothing special. You can easily spend $40.00 a night more and get nothing better on US-2 east of Manistique. Or you can spend $20.00 less and get a lot less.

The beach was typical upper great lakes. Pleasant, clean with no attractions other than the beach, water and view. A couple of picnic tables and grills. If you want a boardwalk, miniature golf, and a tiki bar, Ocean City Maryland is about 1,000 miles East.

There is an indoor pool and hot tub and they offer a 10% discount to the restaurant next door which serves an excellent breakfast. They also offer tokens for the Kewadin Casino which is about 10 miles East on US-2.

If you stay on the second floor, you'll have to carry your own bags up the steps, no elevator.

Room Tip: I've heard some of the rooms with single beds are very small. Ask for a room with two double be...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family