“Clean and very affordable ”

Marquette Motor Lodge
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Marquette
“Clean and very affordable ”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

When I first booked I wasn't fully sure of what to expect, but upon out arrival we had a very late check in around midnight and the desk attendant was back in his personal quarters sleeping for the night. I did have to call the number to wake him, to my surprise he was still very friendly about our late check-in . I was also surprised to find the rooms very clean. It looks as if the have been recently renovated. I had a single queen bed room. After speaking personally with the owner lady (she was very nice) I think I will be back to this one.

Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Stephen B

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Big Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 22 October 2013

An older facility, but clean, friendly, easy on the budget kind of place. They are very excepting of pets, allowing you to leave them in the room while you are away. There is a pet fee, but it is nominal. Very friendly staff, not in your face and very helpful. A mere 5 min drive from DT Marquette and easy access from road. All rooms are motel style, accessable from outside.

Room Tip: I ask for a room in the rear of the building if I bring our dog with us.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank livinthegoodlife2013
West Michigan
Reviewed 28 September 2013

After reading reviews, thought I would take a chance on this place. Was checked in by owner and he walked me to the room - nice touch. Once in the room though, I noticed a unique smell. I can't quite name what it was, but it was being masked by deodorizor. The room was clean so we decided to stay. We later figured out it was one of the mattresses/beds....didn't use that one. The room had two queen beds, but it was very small. If there were more than two people, I think it would feel very crowded. Room had frig, microwave and coffee pot. There was a large fire pit on the back of the property and the owner offered to have a bon fire that night if we were interested; we were tired and politely declined. Other than the mystery odor, the room met the requirements for an over night stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank easzcz
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I really wish that we had opted to spend a few dollars more and stayed somewhere else. Unfortunately, we did not have the experience of recent contributors. Maybe some rooms are in a better condition than others. For winter weekend snow machine adventures or summer fishing trips, this place may be fine but for a family it was less than appealing.
We walked into the unpleasant odour of stale cigarette smoke that did not dissipate. I had read online that this was a non-smoking facility so I was rather surprised. It seemed that the carpet and maybe even the curtains or bedspreads had not been properly cleaned.The smell was permeating and quite unpleasant (as we are non-smokers and I obviously have a discriminating sense of smell). The beds were not firm but the colourful, flowered linens were a nice touch--different than the usual white.
The vanity and bathroom seemed old and in need of a "touch up."
The security lock was broken so we put a chair against the door...just in case.
The office was not open at 0800 so we could not relay our dissatisfaction to anyone. We just dropped off the key in the box at the door.
There was a fridge and microwave which was a plus.
Another positive was its proximity to a restaurant next door that served a delicious, filling breakfast.
Other than that, it was room with decor stuck in the 80's and did not meet our standards (I expect clean and safe when I book accomodations). It is not as close to town as many other hotels and was difficult to find in the dark.

Room Tip: Avoid room 22.
3 Thank MomDtr

Travellers are raving about these Marquette hotels

Northern Michigan
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Room was very clean and the linens smelled so clean and fresh. Great place to stay if you're just looking for a clean shower and bed. Short drive to downtown Marquette. Great value, will stay here again. Bathroom had been updated.

2 Thank lkwallis
Commerce Township, Michigan
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We needed a place to stay for a weekend in Marquette that would also allow us to take our dog. She's very clean and behaved nicely considering the "strange" environment we had her in. We kept her with us all the time, so she wasn't left in the room. The room was spacious and clean....sort of...the floor/carpeting seemed to need cleaning, but maybe it was because it was a room used by other pet owners? There was no foul odor, just wasn't quite as nice as I'd hoped. The rate was excellent, so I guess we gave up a little to have a good rate. It was an "ok" place conveniently located to where we had to be for the weekend.

Room Tip: We had a room in the back of the motel, so it was nice a quiet. We should have asked for a couple m...
Hawthorn Woods, Illinois
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We stayed there on the night of July 4. The room was clean, the staff very friendly and accommodating. They helped us find the best location to watch fireworks, and we had a great time.
The restaurant next door was perfect for both diner and breakfast next day.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family