“Would I stay here again?”
Review of Days Inn Marquette

Days Inn Marquette
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Marquette
GreenLeadersBronze level
Mesa, Arizona
“Would I stay here again?”
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I recently stayed at the Days Inn of Marquette for two nights on a business trip. I can't say that this was a bad place but I'm not so sure that I would choose to stay here again, given the other options that are available in the near vicinity. I just can't justify the cost of the room for the value I felt was received.

The one thing I will say is that the front desk staff was OUTSTANDING! I've stayed many places and for the first time ever, front desk staff took the time to show me exactly where an alternate (and closer) outside entrance was to my room. The staff that was there during my stay was always pleasant and helpful. I observed this same thing when they interacted with other guests, too. So kudos to them for excellent customer service!

I stayed on the first floor, at the backside of the hotel. There was a double bed, nightstand, chair/ottoman, table, desk & chair, small armoire for TV & with 3 drawers, fridge, microwave, 27" TV (with cable and Showtime), A/C unit in the wall and an in-room safe. Heat was via the old-style baseboard heaters - which seemed to be in great working condition.

I will apologize in advance for the length but I always like to leave thorough reviews :) I am going to include a few pictures, too.

Some of things I was not too impressed with:
*Many of the rooms (at least on the first floor in my hall) required a step up into the room of anywhere from one inch to a few inches. This isn't very handicap-friendly and certainly a tripping/falling hazard (even though they have little signs saying to watch your step).
*The room set-up (at least in my room) was a little odd. There was a decent amount of space overall but it wasn't utilized well. The passageway to the bathroom was very narrow due to the location to hang clothes and the fridge, microwave and armoire all being clumped so close together. Yet on the other side of the room there was lots of empty space.
*The bathroom and vanity are very small. Between the size of the bathroom and the narrow passageway to get there, I don't know that it's very accessible for someone in a wheelchair. The vanity wasn't able to hold much of anything. I was there by myself and couldn't even fit everything on there without taking the chance that it would get knocked off.
*The walls are thin. VERY thin. You can hear everything in the hallways and in the rooms next door. I could hear toilets flushing, people urinating into the toilets and my neighbors trying to find a radio station on the clock/radio. Could also hear walking from the upper floor. BUT, I will say that overall it was very quiet at nighttime!
*There were lamps in one corner, next to the bed and on the desk (beside the light in the bathroom). Despite that, the room was very poorly lit.
*The parking lot left something to be desired - and there is a children's play area smack dab in the middle of it.

The good things:
*The carpet passed my "white sock test." In other words, my socks didn't get dirty from walking around the room. This scored an A+ for me!
*Overall, my room was very clean and fresh smelling.... even though the last night I was there, I found a dirty plastic knife with slimy peanut butter laying between the bed and nightstand.
*The bed was a little on the firm side but very comfortable for me! Pillows were alright... not quite standard size but not the dinky travel pillows. I actually slept quite well.
*As mentioned above, seemed to be very quiet once nighttime hit.
*They had a helpful guest directory in the rooms which included points of interest, churches and restaurants. I believe they had something a little more comprehensive at the front desk.
*Free continental breakfast, although I can't speak to the quality as I didn't take advantage of that.
*This isn't a big deal for me, but dogs are allowed with a fee. No other animals allowed except dogs and service animals. (this might be a turn-off to someone with allergies or sensitive to pet dander).
*Free wi-fi
*Winter is a busy time in Marquette, so the ski-waxing room might be of interest to some.
*Room keys get you 10% off at Perkins and Hudson's, the two restaurants next to the hotel. I would highly suggest Hudson's, which is literally steps from the side of the hotel!
*The hotel is within just a couple minutes drive of the Westwood Mall and other shopping.
*Water temp and pressure both very good in the bathroom. Bathroom also had an exhaust fan.
*This is a very safe area.

Keep in mind that this is just one person's opinion, and I am very picky sometimes :) Likewise, the size and shape (and other things) of my room versus the others may vary.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Trina R
ComfortSuitesGM74, General Manager at Days Inn Marquette, responded to this review, 4 May 2013
Thank you for your very detailed response to your recent stay at the Days Inn. I'm glad to hear you had a good experience and that our staff did such a wonderful job serving you! We'll be sure to pass along your kind comments to all of our staff; they are invaluable assets to our company, and it's always nice to have them recognized by the most important people in our hotel – the guests. It's great to hear feedback such as yours. Thank you very much for your comments! I will be sharing your response with all of our staff, as comments such as yours help us to improve our services.

Brian Jensen
Days Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay while up North. This hotel was very reasonably priced. It was very clean and comfortable. The hotel offered complimentary breakfast, indoor pool and hot tub. This hotels location was conveniently accessible to major roads, restaurants and shopping. I would definitely book this hotel again the next time I visit.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank lightskin1961
ComfortSuitesGM74, General Manager at Days Inn Marquette, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Thank you completing our survey and leaving your comments about your stay. We really appreciate all of the feedback that we receive from our guests. It is very important to us in helping to ensure an enjoyable stay for everyone. I took note to your comment that our hotel was very clean. Thank you so much for your kind comment! I did pass that comment on to our housekeeping manager and her staff and they were thrilled! They love to hear such wonderful feedback from our guests. They work very hard to ensure that our hotel cleanliness is beyond exceptional. Thank you again

Brian Jensen